Chapter 9

The rest of vacation was fun, we watched movies at the house, went out to the mall, movies, other things. It sucked. And it sucked because I started to realize that I kind of liked Lucas.

And I don't mean just liked Lucas. I mean liked him. I had a fucking crush on Lucas Hunter. And I didn't know what to do about it. So I did what any normal person would do when they had to deal with a crush on the little girl they babysits' older brother; I avoided him like the plague.

I went to class as late as possible so I didn't have to sit next to him. If he was home when I was watching Clara, either I'd make sure we were across the house or not in it at all. Mature, I know.

And it worked for almost a month. Until it didn't. The bastard cornered me. I had been watching Clara, who had just gone to bed. I was washing the dishes and apparently, Lucas had come home.

As I was scrubbing a pan, a pair of arms appeared on my sides. I froze as his breath fanned over my neck, "Why have you been avoiding me, princess?" His voice asked lowly.

I steeled myself, refusing to let him see any sign of weakness. I turned around in his grip and looked up a him feigning innocence, "I have no idea what you're talking about." I said.

He rolled his eyes, "Don't play dumb, princess, you're too smart for that. Are you telling me that it's just coincidence that you haven't sat next to me in any class, spoken to me unless necessary, or even been in the same room alone with me for the last month? Because I don't think it's a coincidence." He said.

I shrugged and pushed him away as I moved to clean up the rest of the kitchen, which was a mess (Clara wanted to bake a cake), "I don't know. I guess I just never really thought about it." I said.

He grabbed my arm gently and turned me around, looking concerned, "Is it something I said to you? Did I make you upset about something?" He asked, sounding conflicted.

I sighed, absolutely not about to tell him the truth, "It's nothing you did," except for being to attractive, "I guess I just never thought that I was avoiding you," except I was because you're actually a nice person behind your bad boy ways, "I promise I wasn't trying to avoid you." Except I totally was.

He seemed to buy it, shrugging and giving a curt nod. He turned and started walking away and I visibly relaxed and turned back to the sink, deciding to tackle the cake ingredient mess later. Just when I thought Lucas was gone, I felt something land on my head and white powder appeared from my peripheral vision. It was fucking flour.

I gasped in surprise and turned around, coming face-to-face with Lucas, who was sporting a shit-eating grin, "You did not just fucking do that." I said.

"Oh princess, but I totally did." He said, in between laughs.

As he was doubled over, I snatched the tube of decorating frosting and squeezed it on his head, smearing the sugary pink concoction all over his smooth and shiny raven locks.

he immediately stopped laughing and stood up ramrod straight, giving me the death glare as I smirked triumphantly, "What's the matter, Hunter?" I asked as I swung the frosting in my hand.

"No one touches my hair." He said lowly.

I shrugged and continued smirking, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." I said.

That was the moment and evil glint appeared in his eyes and a smirk formed on his face. Before I could react, he lunged at me and grabbed me by my waist. I shrieked in surprise as he threw me over his shoulder, "Lucas! Put me down!" I exclaimed.

"Oh I don't think so, princess." He said as he grabbed an egg and cracked it over my head, the gooey mixture of egg and flour falling into my face.