~(27)~

Anessa

"Wait, so you knew all along that this was going to happen?" Just a few hours ago, there was havoc, blood splattered across the cell walls and bodies littered everywhere. Now, everyone was recuperating in the safe havens of their home as I and Kyle try to explain the whole situation to an extremely confused Abigaille and Darius.

"Yes, ever since Brian alerted me about some miscellaneous noise in the woods, he and some others went to go investigate. There a few metres away from the pack territory, they found a spy of Scott's pack injured lying on the floor with a bruised and battered body from an object hitting his body with extreme pressures. Apparently the boy had been in their path and they saw him as a threat."

Their faces contorted once more as they tried their absolute hardest to understand what had happened.

"Ever since, we've had many people masquerading as that spy with the usage of a little witch's magic. Even Brian went sometimes too; I just said acted like I did so you guys wouldn't act so suspicious and disrupt our intentions." Everyone just nodded their heads because we all truly know that he was partly lying and we also know how big that lie was.

"But why couldn't you tell us?" Did she even listen to Kyle's lie just now?

"You two," Kyle pointed accusingly at both of them, "would become too overprotective over your daughter and ruin everyth- Ow!"

"What he means is," I glared at him, "that we needed your reactions to be real, you know, to come from the heart. And, let's face it, you two are terrible actors so if you look at it from our perspective, we did what we had to do." It was a hard decision to make but hey, you have to do what you have to do.

"So, your intention was to endanger yourself?" My mom looked appalled whilst my dad looked unbelievably confused.

Well, danger is my middle name. 

"Well, with all due respect Abigaille, the whole pack knew and we would all die for our Alpha. You too should already know this." They smiled at each other as they intertwined their fingers with each other and then proceeded to smile at both me and Kyle.

"At least now it's over." My mom looked hopeful and well, I despised that I had to burst her bubble.

"No Mom, we still have to decipher the puzzle that the Moon Goddess wants us to solve." Unfortunately this had to wait. 

"Do you think that all of this could have been connected to what she wants us to find out?"

"Way ahead of you Dad, Martha said that it was quite unlikely but it is also possible." I really hope it's not possible. 

"But if it does though? What will happen? Maybe Scott works for her? Maybe he did this for her?"

"I thought about that already Dad, Brian is currently interrogating him and everyone else in is pack to see what they know and well, they can't lie because we have a spectacular witch's help."

"Wait, Lave?"

"The one and only. She was the best one to actually fulfill the job. She even two timed Scott and that's just one of the reasons why we had the upper hand."

"That's my daughter!" My Dad switched his mood entirely but my Mom, she looked more sullen than ever and I think I can tell why.

"Mom? Are you okay?"

She looked as though she was having an inner debate with herself, it's almost as though she was struggling to win, "Yeah...I'm fine...It's just... Did you find a-...Anymore letters for the puzzle? You know hopefully any others that can help everyone try to solve it?" I knew what she wanted to say and it dulled my mood slightly. 

"Yeah, I have actually. Ever since it happened in the pack cell, I mind-linked the whole pack and updated them."

"Weren't you tied with silver chains? How could you even contact us or your wo- Oh wait never mind." At least the fake silver is one thing I don't have to explain.

"How did you sneak so many pack members onto Scott's territory though?"

"You see, this is where Lave's powers come in quite handy. Some of my pack members were made into rogues where they would ambush Scott's territory in mass amounts so he wouldn't know what to do with them. Like me, they were never really fully imprisoned and they could have broken out of their cells any time they pleased but that was not what they were ordered to do."

I could read the looks on their faces; impressive. Never in my nineteen years of living have I ever pulled such a stunt that was so intricate and dangerous. I guess there's a first time for everything.

"I'm guessing pack members masqueraded as some of the guards and border patrol too?"

"Right again Mom. We were never really in danger, Martha even gave us reassurance that in the future, we would win in the end and what a sweet victory it was." I smirked almost sinisterly to Kyle next to me who perfectly mimicked the smirk on my face.

"I just wished you would have told us. You had us fearing for our only daughter, our last child. His father stole a significant half of our lives and we were not ready for his son to steal the other. We do understand why you kept it a secret; we are terrible actors and can't lie...at all...or ever."

"Thank you. Hopefully we don't have to experience something so traumatic again. I'm really sorry Mom and Dad."

"It's okay Ness, just don't put us through that again. We can't lose another one of-" My mother couldn't even complete her sentence before she broke down into a state of never ending tears as my Dad cradled her in his arms and tried to calm her down to the best of his ability.

I looked towards Kyle with a melancholy glint in my eye to which he understood and left the room with a sad reassuring smile.

I wasted no time in literally diving into their arms and nearly hugging the life out of them. All three of us had rheumy eyes by now but can you blame us?

His death broke us and the pack for years. It was a time where the pack members were mad at themselves for not being too attentive to what was happening but the two people that took the most fault were my Mom and Dad and I know that to this day, that they still blame themselves to this day about what happened to Liam. Thought it doesn't hurt as much now as it did back then, I don't believe that we ever will.

...

Unknown

Though you may not know it yet Anessa, it will all be revealed soon with time. Something good did result from the death of your brother; you.

---

So here is the explanation to the last chapter and how they basically had the whole situation under control from the beginning but there is still one missing piece to the puzzle or missing pieces to the puzzle.

What do you think will happen next?

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

See you in the next chapter, <3 Bri.