Chapter 71

"Isn't that particularly awkward?" 

Grace was back full on attitude. Hayley, Gia, Elijah and her stood gathered in Josephine's living room. They were here to broker a new deal with the witch, but Grace had no idea why Hayley was actually here. She would've loved it if she simply went away, to be honest she still was very bitter every time she saw the hybrid around. 

Gia was here because she helped handle the witches over the past few days. In that time Grace figured that the newbie vampire had a huge crush on Elijah, but she found it more amusing to watch Elijah completely ignoring her attempts and push her around. Grace was here for obvious reasons. But there was no reason why Hayley sticked around. That girl had the tendency to make things worse and Josephine probably didn't like wolves more than she liked vampires, so it could also endanger their cause. 

It was highly uncomfortable. Elijah Mikaelson's harem gathered in one room could make the air quite thick of tension. Still, it gave Grace kind of a boost that she was the one that had spent the morning in bed with him. A cocky smile spread on her face and she saw that Elijah too had to hide his amusement. Hayley on the other hand shot Grace hostile glances. It must've been pretty obvious that Elijah and Grace grew closer again. 

"Um...I'll see if I can find Josephine." 

Gia was the first that had to rush out of the atmosphere. The remaining trio stayed in silence, until Hayley decided to b*tch around. 

"I see you two have reconnected. Now I understand why Klaus came home with that smug grin on his face." 

The hybrid mumbled and took a seat. Grace's temper immediately rose. 

"Is there anything you want to state here, Hayley?" 

Elijah glanced at her, implying that she shouldn't let herself be provoked by Hayley. She took a deep breath and adverted her gaze to calm herself. It was just hard to not be snarky with Hayley around. To be honest it was unbelievable that she was the one to be bitchy because Elijah was slowly starting to move on. After all it was her that married another guy and isn't shy to parade her happiness around. What the hell did she wanted? For Elijah to be a monk until she was done with Jackson? 

"Nothing. Nothing at all." 

Hayley growled, looking between Grace and Elijah sarcastically. 

"What is you want from me?" 

The former lovers stared at each other and Hayley finally seemed to back off. Again this silence erupted and Grace shifted in her seat. When Josephine arrived, everyone took a relieved breath. 

"Madame LaRue." 

Elijah stood up with his fake charming smile that didn't reach his eyes the slightest and kissed the elderly woman on both cheeks. Josephine returned the gestures and greeted Grace with a nod and a pleased smile. She really seemed to like the younger woman. 

"Have you come to impress me with young Grace's rare talent again?" 

The Original positioned himself next to Grace. Hayley looked confused, she surely didn't know what the witch meant by that. She just knew that Grace was gifted with strong mind control abilities, but of course not that she was a good singer. 

"No, unfortunately not. We have some urgent matters to discuss." 

Josephine's gaze fell upon the hybrid that lingered behind them and her expression turned suspicious. 

"What, pray tell, does this one do?" 

She motioned towards Hayley. 

"This one is family."