Chapter Twenty-Six - Mistakes.

I breathed in the frigid air and smelled smoke. Clouds of dark, toxic gas escaped from the nearest block of slums as they burnt whatever they could to stay warm. Large, broken chimneys dropped bricks that rolled and chipped down the congregated metal. My home was just as I remembered, the same tortuous pebbled path that leads from deep within the isle towards the slumping, swamping coast. The perpetual trail that I trudged up and down every single day looking just as I left it, the day of the coronation where I was due at the fish and chip shop to watch my sister steal the wand. But we all knew what she had planned, she was never going to let us islander's free.

A new ship arriving in the docks definitely startled the islanders as a sure crowd had surrounded us, scuffed and scarred people of all different sizes filled a large group that watched onwards as we began to dock. But throughout this crowd, three recognisable faces instantly stood out, the same three that I have been missing for this past few days. The same three that I couldn't live without.

I proceeded to sit below deck, underneath the captains quarters where CJ typically lies. She had managed to locate a surprisingly comfortable mattress from somewhere within Auradon of which I was currently stationed on. Solitary and lost in thought, I watched through a porthole on the perimeter of the boat, trying to quell the tears in my eyes, the lump in my throat. I watched the stray droplets of sea water ran in races to the bottom of the frame like aspirational athletes on an Olympic track, the constant bobbing of the ship against the sullen waves caused me to fall into a false sense of security, before anxiety began to eat away at me once more. I needed to see him.

At least, if I stayed below deck whilst the two Hook daughters expressed their greetings, I could reduce some of the damage that my return may cause but the love of my live stands just above me- not that he recognises the fact anymore. I began the chancy advance up to the captains quarters where I could look onwards at the family, all together, all jubilent.

"Harry!" CJ squealed as she took off in a sprint towards him and he opened up his arms, allowing his little sister to fall into his warm embrace. The last time that Harry saw her was the same as me, I remember waving them off, Harry's arm around my waist as I lie my head on his chest trying not to let my emotions get the most of me; but of course once we were in the safety of his secluded and restful bedroom, we both just rest swathed in tranquility and pour our hearts out to each other. Yes, even the tough as bricks Harry Hook cried when his sisters- Harriet who raised him and CJ who he raised- left to sail the ocean. He told me that everybody left him, and I made a promise that day, a promise to never desert him and how we would always be a team- him and I. But I guess that I broke that too, just as I broke his heart...

"Elle, come on" Harriet muttered to me, noticing how hesitant I was to leave the room, this is what I have been waiting for, for the past week! Why did I not want to greet him? His silver hook hung low by his side and his cheeky grin widening as his elder sister approached him. God how I have missed him.

I slowly pushed open the cabin door, the creak of the rotting wood echoed throughout the ship and broke the gentle sound of the waves lapping against the rocks. My black and purple hair was the first noticeable feature as I let it cover my face before I reached a gloved hand up to my head and pushed it back.

"Hey Harry" I smiled, alerting my boyfriend's attention, he instantly adopted a look of surprise- as if I had arose from the dead, he clearly wasn't expecting me to come back, but I couldn't tell if it was a look of outrage or adoration just as mine was towards his.
"I missed you" I muttered as my breath got caught in my throat and I took a few more ambles closer to the clutter of pirates, the first reaction I got was undoubtedly Uma's.

"What in Hades name is she doing here?!" Her usually sweet towards me voice roared and I watched as she jerked backwards. Her eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard as her face began to redden and all she expressed was pure rage. I was the enemy.

Harry said nothing, but the glimpse of hate in his eyes was all he had to do. I shouldn't have came home. A sharp sound of metal arose from his grasp as he pulled out his cutlass, raising it high above him, the blade inches from my throat.
"HARRY!" His sisters shouted, trying to talk some sense into this mess of a boy. But I'm just as quick as him. I met his blade with my own and pushed against it, trying to win the fight as I pushed it towards his body.

"Hey, gorgeous, listen to me. I never wanted to leave" I tried to explain, quietly and clearly but quick enough not for him to knock me down; I may be able to beat him in training but whilst he's enraged? It's just a matter of time before he does something he will regret. Or will he? Maybe this is it. Maybe we were never ment to be and mother just concluded the inevitable?

"Don't call me that." He spat, another surge of energy rose within him as he pushed against my cutlass with a new found strength, before swiftly pulling it away causing me to stumble forwards and loose my balance. I lifted my left leg and placed it behind the opposite side of my body in order to regain my forwards placement but he was too smooth and in one action his cutlass clashed with mine and he had pushed me to the ground. I tried once more to knock my boot against his knee but he knew my moves, he had studied my form.

"Harry! Let her go!" CJ pleaded with her older brother as he towered over me, his large, scuffed boots pushed against the inside of my knee as it was ground into the ships deck. He elevated his cutlass so that it was flush against my chest, raising and lowering it with the rise and fall of my breathing so that it didn't dig into my skin before choosing the next weakest point and place the pressure instead on my knee cap.
"You promised..." Was all that he spoke as his piercing blue eyes glared, the heavy rise and fall of his own breathing was hard and broke the silence before I responded, not wanting to anger the young pirate any more.

"It wasn't me Harry, it was my mother who stole me from the isle and Mal kept me captive in Auradon. If it wasn't for your sisters, I would be rotting in a royal jail cell." I breathed, looking back up at him as the same demeanour that he stared down at me. I wriggled my arm, gently from under Harry's grasp before gently raising it to the furious pirate affront of me. If he wasn't careful he would dislocate my knee with the pressure he is pushing against it.
"Har, please, you do believe me right?" My voice came out soft and gentle, a mutter trying to get across to my boyfriend, ex-boyfriend?

Nobody spoke a word as he retreated, his bright blue eyes vast, anxiously scanning the scene and a disposition full of shock. The two sisters rushed over to where I was laying but I was intermittently fixed on the boy I love. Will he ever forgive me?
____________
Hey guys! Thought I'd update today cause it's my birthday! 🎂🎁
So here's my little present for you guys x
-Anon x