Boyfriend

2 days passed...or maybe 3. Wonwoo couldn't tell as his blinds stayed stubbornly shut blocking out all signs of life. He didn't care how long he spent bundled up in his covers eating ice cream straight from the pot and drinking warm black currant juice. He knew he was taking this heartbreak way too seriously but he couldn't help feeling continuously low. He had always had a weak heart- he thinks maybe it was because he was carrying too much of a burden in the first place it only took a slight tap to push him over the edge. Either way he didn't know if he could ever get over it. It was ridiculous really. Utterly immature. Wonwoo had no right to feel as if Mingyu had broken up with him or cheated on him because they were never dating in the first place but he still felt completely abandoned and rejected.

He wondered whether things would be different if he had told Mingyu everything about him straight away without all the initial fussing or if Mingyu and the blonde haired guy were always destined to be just like Wonwoo was destined to live alone for the rest of his life.

But a horrid realisation that Wonwoo will never be able to hear anything again if Mingyu was no longer part of his life hit him so hard he thought he might fall unconsciousness. Suddenly a wave of violent dread and panic rushed towards him. He became desperate and insane from the idea. No thought process was involved before he screamed- so loud the windows could've shattered but it wasn't loud enough to fill his broken ears. Scrunching up his face he hit his ear hard with the palm of his hand but it didn't make a difference. Trying to hear again quickly became an indescribable urge and he found himself searching the house for increasingly loud sounds; a glass which he threw against the wall, a rolling pin against a frying pan, continuous yelling and screaming. Thank God his neighbor was out or else she might've thought Wonwoo was being murdered (though in some ways he was by his own heavy emotions).

Another scream filled the air but landed on deaf ears. This time it ended in a pained whine and a sob as Wonwoo collapsed on a kitchen chair. He wanted to die; he knew otherwise he would spend his whole life feeling this worthless. There's something about taking away someones miracle that can completely break them.

Then out of the corner of his tear trodden eyes Wonwoo noticed a pair of white headphones on the kitchen counter and an idea sprung to life. The idea wasn't soothing or gentle, instead it clawed it's way into Wonwoo desperate thoughts and lied to his broken heart.

The albums Mingyu bought him were on his bookshelf next to his favourite book. He took them down and slid one into the disk slot in his laptop still sniffling and crying as he did so.

The first song was titled 'Lean on me' but of course Wonwoo couldn't hear it so he turned up the volume... still nothing. Then a notification interrupted him.

'Listening on a high volume for too long it could result in loss of hearing'

"Try me." Wonwoo muttered and turned it up even higher.

Once the music hit maximum volume Wonwoo let out a waterfall of tears that stained his cheeks and dripped from his chin. The pressing feeling of vibrating headphones against his ears seriously distressed him but he was determined to hear at least one sound- anything to interrupt this dreadful suffering.

As he cried he pushed out broken sobs that echoed loudly around him. He thought that maybe whatever was stopping him from hearing would grow tired and frail if he made enough noise. He hoped somehow he could crack through the barrier in his ears that would let in his painful melody of wails. The poor boy was a mess; an utter wreck, beyond broken and completely torn apart. The heartbreak and hate for himself had become far too much to handle and now his mental stability was slowly eroding.

He needed to be saved and no matter how much he hated the thought of his saviour to be in the form of a tall, tanned man with pointy canines and sparkling eyes fate was obviously against him because that's who came knocking on his door.