Snowball

The Demon Monster brought Sya back to her courtyard and stood guard at her door as Sya entered her home. She immediately attended to her wounds before making a medicinal bath to heal her battered and weaken body. Should anyone attack her in that moment, she wouldn't even have enough energy to defend herself.

Luckily she had the Demon Monster guarding her door. The link she created with the Demon Monster was done with sheer luck and impulse. Sya knew she wasn't able to defeat the last Demon Monster, so she took a risk and reached out to it with her mind. When she planted apart of her consciousness inside of it, she made the Demon Monster her slave. It now only obeyed her commands and was no longer a unconscious monster who killed.

Sya soaked her battered body in steaming hot medicinal bath as she cultivated. A bright light glowed as Sya cultivated. By the time she opened her eyes, the medicinal bath was gone and what was left were the herbs she used to heal her body. Sya stood up and made herself another hot medicinal bath. This time she let the herbs soak in the bath for three hours before she sank herself into it.

By the time she felt as if she was alright enough to cultivate without the help of herbs, the day had fallen into night. No light was lit inside of her home, but she could hear the Demon Monster growl in warning. Sya quickly got dressed and looked out the window to see several maids hesitate to enter at the entrance of the courtyard.

Sya turned around and sat in a lotus position on her bed and continued to cultivate. She needed to gather more qi inside of her and replenish her empty dantians.

When the morning light rose and hit Sya's face, she could finally hear people yelling at her from outside. The voice was cursing at her for being a coward and hiding behind the Demon Monster.

"You get out here this instant you bitch!" Badu shouted. "You think you can kill Janu and Toga without any consequences! And now you hide behind the Demon Monster! You're nothing, but a fraud! A coward!"

Sya yawned and took a bath as the voice kept swearing at her. Sya took her time getting ready as the voice kept swearing at her for over an hour. Her Demon Monster growl every time the man took a step close to the house and roared when it felt threatened. As long as the man and his minions kept their distance, the Demon Monster sat still watching their every move.

When Sya finally stepped out of her house, she wore an all red fighting robe and her hair was tied up, simply with a red ribbon. Sya petted the Demon Monster on the head and scratched behind its ear and heard it purr with happiness. Sya's eyebrow twitched as she looked at the Demon Monster who stood by her side. It's white coat reminded her of winter and she smiled at the thought of naming it.

"Snowball." Sya said. "Your name is Snowball."

Snowball looked at Sya with eyes that looked as if it was wronged. Snowball was not a fierce name. It was not a name that the Demon Monster could accept because the name was too cute for the ferocious creature. It hung it's head down in shame as it's master kept calling it Snowball. It had no choice, but to answer to the name.

"Ah! Now the Princess has come out after making this Young Master wait for hours!" Badu shouted. "You think that just because you killed Janu and Toga that you're the best now, huh!"

Sya paid the little man no mind as she petted her little Snowball. Had she known before that if she could plant her consciousness inside of a Demon Monster and control them, she wouldn't have killed the other Demon Monsters. She would have had five watch Demon Monsters instead of one. Sya was kicking herself for her foolishness as Badu kept shouting.

"You think you're the boss of us now, huh! That you're the strongest! You will die in the Arena of Blood, just like Janu and Toga!" Badu threatened.

Behind Badu a large crowd had started to gather for the past couple of hours. They were there to watch the play. Several siblings, maids, eunuchs, and guards stood by and watch as Badu cursed at Sya.

"Snowball, it's too noisy here." Sya said as she took out her fan to fan herself.

Snowball immediately jumped to its feet and ran towards Badu. No one would have thought that Sya would unleash her Demon Monster on her own sibling, let alone outside of the Blood Arena. They were not ready when the Demon Monster opened its mouth and bit Badu in half. Badu's bottom half fell down with a thump as the Demon Monster chucked the top half at the crowd.

Badu's Shade Hunters stood in shock as the person who they were in charge of died right before their eyes and they didn't even raise a single hand to help him. Snowball roared at the crowd as it's salvia sprayed all over them, causing them to take several steps back.

"Those that want my head, challenge me in the Arena of Blood. Do not be annoying and be noisy in front of my courtyard. You'll make Snowball agitated and Snowball will act out on its own accord." Sya shamelessly said as she hop onto Snowball. "It's getting late, I'll see you all at the Arena of Blood."

Everyone made way as Snowball and Sya left the crowd. No one spoke or made a movement against her. They have stood there for hours just to watch the play fold out, but instead of a play, they got a bloody show. The Demon Monster just killed Badu as if he was a stuff toy and everyone just watched in object surprise. Their Princess Sya had the audacity to kill outside of the Arena of Blood, breaking the rule of Blackmire Island, in front of everyone. By now the Demon Master would have heard about the incident. They looked at each other in anticipation and quickly left to the Arena of Blood to see her punishment.