Snowball (2)

At the Arena of Blood, when Sya arrived, the people who were already there stopped talking. They watched at Sya rode on the back of the Demon Monster like a horse and watched as it crushed the seats that were reserved for her Shade Hunters as it sat down on the chairs. Sya got off and jumped to her seat with quick and light steps. She didn't even look at anybody as she began to eat the food that was set out in front of her.

Everyone knew it was custom to wait for Zion to get arrive, then only when he ate, did they get to eat. But Sya, again, defied rules, laws and traditions and did what she wanted. Causing Zion to lose even more face, even though he wasn't there.

Cheeri, Damio, Wateri, Weink, Resfa, and Phang all secretly smiled in happiness, because for the first time, someone went up against their Demon Father and didn't care about the consequences. Her actions made them believe in her words that she told them. They have to now secretly prepare their other siblings who they trusted, not to challenge Sya and help her in any way that they could.

Cheeri's heart soared yesterday when she watched Sya throw the heart of the Demon Monster at Zion. Sya's defiance towards their Demon Father was a breath of fresh air. However, she still had her reservations against Sya. Sya had killed Janu and Toga without hesitation. It made Cheeri fear Sya, yet it also gave her a sliver of hope. Hope that Sya could defeat Zion. When Sya rode in on top of the Demon Monster and seeing how docile the Demon Monster is, made Cheeri think that maybe, just maybe, Sya was the real deal.

The arena quickly filled as more siblings along with their Shade Hunters filed in. The late comers were the ones that wanted to watch Badu and Sya get into an argument and wanted to cause trouble to Sya, but decided not to once the Demon Monster ripped Badu up into two.

Zion walked in with his 22 beautiful maids. Zion stopped in his tracks as he watched Sya eat most of the dishes that was set out on the table already and was finishing off her breakfast with the last droplets of tea from the teapot. Sya drank down the tea in one gulp in a very unladylike manner then wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Zion was immediately annoyed, however Sya was his heir. Her antics he could bear, but he would still need to teach her a lesson, without making her lose face. So instead, he ignored her and began the daily routine of the Arena of Blood.

When it came time for the sibling fighting. Sya was not surprised that she was challenged once again. But instead of fighting the challenger by herself, she had her Demon Monster next to her as they stepped on the stage.

"You can't have the Demon Monster fight for you." The man said as he stared at Sya with hate.

"Says who?" Sya said as she yawned. "You have your Shade Hunters. Janu had her demon. So why can't I have my Snowball fight with me on this stage?"

Everyone's eye twitch as they heard Sya call the Demon Monster "Snowball". The embarrassing name, made Snowball dip it's head down in shame, but it wouldn't let anyone hurt it's Master, so Snowball pulled it's shoulders back and roared loudly.

"Snowball is very frightening? No?" Sya said as she stepped back to let Snowball fight.

The man that stood in front of Sya had the same dark sea blue eyes. Eyes that Sya started to hate to look at. The arrogant man attacked at the same time his Shade Hunters attack. Snowball took care of the Shade Hunters as Sya took care of her half brother. The fight did not last long, as Sya's strength and skills grew with each fight.

After the fight, Snowball went to sit back in the stands, while Sya sat back down, next to Zion.

"Congratulations, my daughter. You win again." Zion said as he smiled at Sya.

"I am my Demon Father's Daughter after all." Sya said through gritted teeth. The words she just said made her want to puke, but she smiled through it.

Zion laughed at Sya's honeyed words, then suddenly stopped.

"This Demon Father heard that daughter broke Blackmire Island law" Zion said. "I was told that you killed Badu in front of your courtyard. In front of several witnesses. In broad daylight."

"I didn't kill Badu." Sya said as she blew on the tea that was freshly poured into her teacup.

"You didn't?" Zion asked. "You dare lie to me?"

"But, I'm not lying." Sya said as she sipped on the tea. "I didn't raise my hand against Badu at all."

"Then why is it that they say you kiilled Badu?" Zion asked as his hand squeezed the armchair tightly. Now she was openly lying to him, in front of everyone!

"I really didn't kill Badu, Snowball did." Sya said innocently. "Badu was causing a ruckus in front of my courtyard. It frightened Snowball and Snowball attacked Badu because of it. It was Snowball's animal instinct to attack the thing that made it scared."

Zion's lip twitched at Sya's shamelessness. She could say those words with a straight face and without a pause as if it was the truth. As if Snowball would do anything without its Master's consent. The ridiculousness of it all entertained him greatly. It caused him to laugh boisterously.

"Very well." Zion gave in. Sya was the only child he would spoil and give into. Sya, his child that he created. How could he stay mad her? "It was because Badu cause a ruckus that scared Snowball and cause Snowball to kill Badu."

Everyone was surprised at Zion's words. Those that wanted Zion to punish Sya for breaking Blackmire Island law, were greatly let down, which in turn made them hate Sya even more. But those that were indifferent or secretly supported her were entertained as well. Sya had Zion wound around her fingers. The tighter she bound him to her, the easier of an opportunity she'll have to kill him.