Epilogue

5 years later

Persephone sits in her one bedroom apartment in the middle of New York City. She stares out the window while sipping on a malt that she had bought for herself. She watched as the people walked by, never interacting with each other unless they were walking together. It was interesting to watch the people go by, the silence comforting her like a blanket warming her on the inside. 

The little apartment that she was renting was small but it was perfect for her. There was a decent sized kitchen that allowed her to bake when she wanted in a no-maj way. It was fun and took a lot more time. She had more free time and needed to fill it with something. Baking was the perfect way to do so. Queenie loved trying to learn how to bake regularly but, it was still a struggle to teach her. Magic was helpful for dishes, though. 

Persephone had a small area for dining so that her little family could have sit-down meals together. Then she had a couch to sit on and rocking chair by her favorite window. During the day she could look out into the city. But at night, she could look up at the sky and see stars and constellations. It was a magical window. 

A rattling doorknob breaks her out of her little dream world and she looks over at the door as a familiar person steps through. A smile graces her face as she stands, walking over to the person.

"Hi," she mutters, wrapping her hands around his torso for a small hug.

"Hey," he begins and pulls away to place his hands on her enlarged stomach. "How are you?"

"We are wonderful," she says softly and smiles.

"Have they been giving their Mama some trouble?" he asks playfully, feeling the small kicks that are constantly appearing.

"No, I'm fine," she says and smiles leaving a small kiss on his lips. 

"What did you do today?" he asks, putting his stuff down on the table.

"I read some and just sat. I went out and got a malt because he was craving some," she says cheekily.

"She is just like her mama," he says and grins, walking into the bedroom to change into something more comfortable.

Ever since Credence appeared again, he lived together with Persephone. It took him a while to open up to people but he managed. Over the years he developed his magic, and he was still learning. But he had a job at MACUSA in a new department. He worked to make sure that there will be no more Obscurials in America. It was an ongoing effort. We got married after a couple years. I remember the day that he asked me to marry him. It was one of the best days of my life. It was a small wedding, though. I did not need much as long as I had him. 

Persephone started on the dinner, deciding on some soup because she was craving it again. She grabbed her wand, pulling it out to magically bring out everything thing she needs. It was wonderful having magic. The garlic and onions were chopped and were put into the pot as Credence walked out into the room.

"Smells wonderful, what are you cooking?" he asks softly and walks over to look over the food.

"Some soup. The baby's craving again," she says and smiles over at him. 

As soon as she looked over, liquid began to train down her leg. Persephone looked at Credence in shock as pain ran through her, making her drop her wand on the floor.

"Credence?" she basically whispered, but he still heard her.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" he asks as she makes a face of discomfort.

"The baby is coming," she says and it takes Credence a moment to realize what is happening. 

"Oh god," he mutters and runs over to pick her up. 

He picks her up gently and apparates to the magical hospital. There, they took Persephone into a room and a beautiful baby girl was born. 

The second Queenie and Tina found out, they apparate to the hospital to see their new little niece. The found the couple with their child in the closest room to the front of the hospital, staring down at the beautiful girl. Ruby Eleanor Barebone was dressed in diapers and was swaddled in a beautiful pink blanket. 

"She's beautiful," Queenie says and smiles at the young couple.

Credence nods and smiles, kissing Persephone on the forehead. The moment was amazing and perfect, bringing everyone joy and even some jealousy in Tina. It had been a while since Newt visited. She was getting worried. 

The nurse walked in and smiled, at the family gathered in the room.

"I have to take Ruby now, but don't worry. You can see her in the nursery when you feel better," she says and takes the baby after a short farewell from her parents and aunties. 

"How are you?" Tina asks Persephone after the nurse leaves. 

The youngest Goldstein smiles tiredly.

"I'm okay, but I'm ready to sleep," she says softly.

The two eldest Goldsteins nod, bidding their sister goodbye. Credence stayed in the hospital room, grabbing a chair to sit down next to his wife. They stare at each other lovingly, glee filling the air. They had a child. It was as if their life was complete. 

"I told you it was a girl," Credence says, breaking the silence.

"You are going to spoil her so much," Persephone says, her hand clutching Credence's tightly as if he was going to walk away.

"I know," he says happily and enjoys their little bliss.

Persephone soon falls asleep with Credence in the hospital room, resting as a man on the same floor steals their child. A man who had just escaped from the prison that MACUSA thought they could keep him in. He was out for revenge and blood. What better way than to steal a child belonging to one of the most powerful couples in New York?

-

The night passes and a nurse bursts into the hospital room, waking Persephone and Credence. A terrified look appears on her face as she sees no child in sight.

"What's wrong?" asks Credence as he wakes suddenly at the jarring noise. 

"Your child is missing," she informs Credence and he shoots up from the chair.

Persephone stares in awe at the woman, not knowing what to do. Her child was gone and she did not know what to do. Her heart was broken. 

-

A/N: Hi everyone. We have reached the end of this journey and it has been so amazing. I would never have thought that I would finish a story, but it looks like I did. This is a story that I will cherish forever. My writing style grew so much over the period of time that I wrote this story and will continue to grow. I loved watching as Persephone grew as a person as she went through her trials and tribulations. I also loved watching Credence grow from a scared abused boy to someone who is a survivor. This story has so much love and I can only hope that you all will love it too. Much love, The Small Teaspoon <3

🎉 You've finished reading The No-Maj and his Witch // Credence Barebone - ✔️(Editing and Slight Rewriting) 🎉