twenty-four | dan

happy birthday Phil
        __________________________
             May 23rd, present day

It was the last day of classes and everyone was on edge. This was the day everyone would find out who's book won first place.

Dan and the girls bounced around teasing one another about who would win.

"It's going to be us obviously." Zoe boldly stated. "We had the best stories."

Dan smiled, he wasn't so sure. For the last book they we're going to write about their school year. The big events that happened in both partners lives, what they had to go through to write the book, and the boys had loads to write about.

"Settle down," Ms Marie shouted at the class. "I know it's the last day but we still have to remain civil."

Somewhere from in the class a boy shouted.

"Just tell us who won already!"

The class erupt in agreement. There was going to be many categories. Who wrote the best fantasy, romance, sci-fi and (sorta) auto biography. The most funny, heaviest topics, best characters, stuff like that.

"Who says you even won anything Zack." A girl teased the boy.

Once Ms Marie got the class to settle down she began to read off who won what.

After going through a few ones and giving out tiny trophies the girls finally won something.

"Funniest Novel goes to Louise and Zoe for Seven Folds No Wrinkles." She announced.

The girls squealed, hugging, and went up to retrieve their trophy.

"Aww it's so cute." Louise commented.

Dan snorted. "Yeah, cute but the first place."

Dan was hit with the trophy.

It was quite eventful. The kids were jumping up and down like puppies whenever they got a trophy. Dan was slightly worried, for only him and two other partners were not given a trophy. He didn't want to be given nothing, it would be pretty embarrassing.

"Okay, now, the moment everyone has been waiting for, it's time to announce our first place winner." She stalked.

"Now, I have to say, I was a little surprised with the writing skills from this pair." She took a sip from her water bottle causing the class to groan.

"Not only did I enjoy most of the books, the second one was a little slow to tell you the truth, but I love the story lines, pretty good grammar." She looked out to all the students making sure not to lock any eye contact with anyone of them.

"Our first play winner goes to Dan Howell and Phil Lester for Boy, their fourth quarter book."

The class clapped and shouted congratulations. The girls hugged him and showered him with kisses. He didn't go up to retrieve his trophy because there wasn't one, the first place winners would be given a different prize. It was to be a special prize. Kids in the previous years would get things like money, a trip to Paris, free scholarships, one pair even got money to up start their own business.

"This year's prize is going to be special, for this is the first time we have every had this happen for one of our students." She gave Dan a smile.

"Your boys book will be published, and all the money from the books proceeds will go into a bank account, for your college money and years after you're done with school."

Dan wasn't sure what to say, he smiled and got up to shake her hand.

"Thank you." He said.

She smiled and squeezed his hand. "Don't mention it Dan," then she brought him in close. "Or do, when you're rich and famous."

Dan laughed and unclasped their hands as soon as the bell rang. Just as he was about to walk out with the girls he remembered and turned back to his teacher.

"Will Phil still-"

"Yes." She laughed. "Phil will still get his part of the money."

Dan nodded, piercing his lips together. Just as he was about to leave she called out to him.

"Tell Phil hi for me, okay?"

He nodded and left for his last day of classes as a sophomore.
______________________________________

He face timed Phil almost as soon as he got home. The obnoxious ringing of the screen was bothersome as he waited for Phil to pick up.

"Go for Phil."

He grinned, he probably looked really fucking cheesy, but with Phil looking like a snack he couldn't help it. His unkept hair and greyness of his eyes said he had been laying around all day.

"Well hello to you as well, dork." Dan retorted.

Phil laughed and swept the hair away from his face. "How've you been?"

"You mean since you saw me seven hours ago?" He teased. "Good."

"So I heard from a certain blonde bessy that we won!" He exclaimed.

Dan rolled his eyes pouting. "I wanted to tell you."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Is it true we get our book published?"

Dan smiled. "Yeah, cool right, by the way Ms Marie said hi."

"Well, when you see her next, tell her I said hi as well."

"Will do captain."

For a while they just stared at one another, Phil's soft colorful eyes seemed to splash on Dan's silk brown ones. He yearned for Phil to be near him, to be with him. Phil must've felt it to because he got closer to the camera and looked Dan in the eye.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm right here." He said softly.

Dan shook his head and lean back on his bed board. "I just want you here with me, it's where you belong."

Phil snorted. "In London?"

"With me."

Phil smiled softly. "We'll see one another again, in real life, it just might be a while."

Dan sighed. "That does make me feel better. "

Phil smiled, which actually made Dan feel a lot better. "Does it help if I tell you all the guys in my new town aren't cute."

Dan laughed and buried his face in his hands. "A little."

They both laughed and continued to chat about their days.

Dan figured it out now and then, they work, the two of them.

And everything will turn out the way they want it to be.

                                Fin