Chapter 9

I took in a shaky breath and looked at my aching feet. I cursed.

'God I hate these heels' I muttered. Scarlet put her hand on my shoulder and grinned.

'What's wrong?' She asked, a tinge of sarcasm sneaking into her tone. I let my gaze rest on her for a moment.

'Seriously? I look ridiculous, that's what!' I scoffed. She rolled her eyes.

'Well, you can either walk in there and win the hearts of many guys or go home and change, loose, waste most of the money I used to buy your whole outfit, and quite possibly get a detention' She said, raising an eyebrow.

'I think I'll take the detention' I told her. She rolled her eyes again and grabbed my arm, pulling me into the crowded hall way. I kept my gaze on the floor, my destroyed-with-makeup face turning bright red to match the lip tube-or whatever it's called. Lipstick? One of those. I could tell that all eyes were on me, the hall was silent.

'Stand tall, don't back down. You look amazing' Scarlet whispered. I hurriedly made my way over to my locker, stumbling a bit in the process, and quickly opened it, trying to go as fast as I could. I grabbed my books and slammed the door closed, making my way into the bathroom. As I left, I could here small mummers behind me.

'Who was that chick?' One boy asked.

'Dunno' another answered.

'Do you think she's single?'

I let out a sigh of relief. No one knew it was me. At least, I hoped they didn't. But one girl made the observation that made my heart sink. How could I be so stupid?

'Isn't that Kate Milgrow's locker?' She yelled.

'Shit' I muttered. My pace quickened and I ran into the girls bathroom. I stumbled into one of the cubicles and flung it shut and locked it, turned around and sighed. I quickly pulled out my timetable for today and scanned the classes I was expected to attend. P.E first period. I could fell my heart racing with excitement. Now I wouldn't have to wear this stupid outfit and instead be who I really am, doing what I enjoy most-sport. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my muddy gym clothes, the same ones I wore last weak when we won the Under Twenty-One's soccer tournament against Saint Craig's. I grinned and tore off my revolting pink tank top, hot pink skirt, black leggings and black heels and pulled on my blue, now brown, shirt and black shorts. I quickly tied up the laces on my black and orange Nike's and pulled my straightened hair into a tight ponytail. I inhaled deeply and smiled. 'Now this is better' I breathed and stuffed the expensive new clothes into my bag. I ran outside of the bathroom, made my way happily over to my locker and crammed the bag into my locker, humming randomly to myself. The improvised out-of-tune song quickly came together and magically pieced together the lyrics for "Happy".

'Someone seems happy' a familiar voice from behind me stated. I smiled and turned around, not bothering to shoot back a snaky remark to Jason.

'Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room without a roof. Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth. Because I'm happy!' I sang outloud, jumping around in circles like an idiot. Jason laughed.

'Who are you and what have you done with Kate?' He asked. I smiled and punched him playfully. 'So why are you so happy?' I sighed.

'What's wrong with being in a good mood every once and a while?' I asked, sarcasm crept into my tone un-willingly. 'You seem to do it all the time'.

'Yeah, well, I haven't seen you this happy since you scored the winning goal and won our school the trophy for hockey two years ago'. I smiled, agreeing with him a bit. He gasped. 'Are you actually agreeing with me for once? Ok, I think you might be sick let's get you to the nurse ASAP' he joked, pulling my arm. I rolled my eyes.

'Ha ha ha, very funny' I muttered. He smirked.

'P.E first period?' He asked, eyeing my outfit. I nodded.

'Very observant. Y'know, you should join the observation team!' I grinned.

'We don't have an observation team' Jason pointed out. I snorted.

'Well make one!' He laughed and pulled me into a tight embrace. We stood there for a moment, enjoying each other's company, until I realised what we were doing. I pulled away, a bit reluctantly at first, and stared at Jason, who also looked as if he'd seen a ghost.

'Shit, I'm so sorry' he mumbled. I shrugged.

'It's fine Jase' I told him. He cleared his throat awkwardly.

'Don't speak of this again?' He offered. I nodded.

'Never' I agreed, shaking his hand for effect. He grinned.

'Now, let's go kick some Garington High idiots ass!' I smiled and we made our way down to the field, hand in hand. We were like the two musketeers, joint forces that's will never be broken apart.

**********************************************************************************************************

So what'd you think? Do you think Kate and Jason will end up being more than friends?? Sorry it took so long to update! I will update sooner next time!! PROMISE. so I'd love some feedback, what should happen next d'you think?? Hmmmm? Anyway, until next time!