Chapter 42

"I am so sorry, master" I stuttered in fear.

I shoke in fear as I realized what I had done. I had once again said 'no' to a clinet of his. I had once again rejected the dirty offer. And now I would pay the price with my blood.

"You should have thought about it before disobeying me." Victor growled in anger. His fingers curled around my hair as he painfully dragged me to my cell. My eyes dwelled up with tears. I sobbed in fear of what's to come.

He pushed me into the dirty little cell. His belt was out in a matter of a second.

"Please, please don't do this" I sobbed. I knew he wouldn't listen to me. I knew he would punish me in the worst way possible. Before I could beg again the harsh fabric connected with my bare back. I screamed in agony as I felt my skin being torn.

"Please, stop!" I sobbed loudly.

I was drenched with sweat again. The nightmare didn't leave me. It never did. Because it wasn't a nightmare. It was reality. It was a memory from the past.

I stared at the ceeling and tried to calm my beating heart down. The sweat prickled down my forhead. I shook my head and sat down. I needed to take a shower.

I looked at the window and frowned when I realized there was no sunlight. It was still late. Everyone must be asleep. My eyes went to the clock on my wall. It was two at night.

I walked towards the shower and undressed myself. I threw the dirty clothes into the bin and sighed.

I got inside the shower and let the warm water fall down my bare back. I let my body get fully soaked untill I was sure that my skin was void of any sweat. Untill I was sure that the touch of his dirty fingers weren't on my skin anymore.

My thoughts immediately went to a praticullar ocean eyed man. I furiously rubbed the soap over my body as I remembered Christofer's words. Why was this bothering me so much. He was just a man. A simple man.

The non rational part of my brain was starting to win the argument in my head.

He wasn't just a man. He was Christofer Luca Santobello. The man who wasn't only a cold hearted muderer. But also a thief. He was known for stealing the hearts of thousand's of wemen. But I wouldn't be one of them. I wouldn't let him steal the only thing I have left. I would be different.

I turned off the water and got out of the shower. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. My feet moved towards the vanity where I had my nightdress. I dropped the towel and got changed.

Whilst changing something cought my eye. I looked into the mirror and felt absoulutely confused when I saw a rose. What was a rose doing there? I was pretty sure there were no roses when I left.

I walked toward the bed and my eyebrows furrowed. There was a single red rose placed on my pillow. Who could have brought me this? I felt even more confused when I saw the little white note attached to it. My heart stuttered. I felt nervous.

With shaky fingers I took a hold of the rose and took the note away. The simple words written in there were enough for me to loose my mind. My legs felt heavy and I would buckle down if I didn't sit. My breathing quicknened as I felt the fammiliar quick beating of my heart appear.

I knew who this was from. There was no name. No hints. But I knew who it was from. I felt myself heating up as my cheeks got warmer. I couldn't resist the blush anymore. I kept reading the simple words over and over again.

'I'm sorry'