Chapter 18- "Final Countdown" Part 3

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

"Something's wrong." Came Demitrey's calculating voice in Adelina's head.
"Huh? What's wrong?" Asked Adelina, alert.
"Luna? Is that you?" Came a woman's voice.
"Hey! The Luna can communicate with us now!" Said another.
"Luna we miss you, we can't wait to have you back." Said a Child's voice.
"Yeah girl! Hurry up! This pup is not coming out until his or her godmother is back. So chop chop!" Came Cilia's voice.
"ENOUGH!" Warned Demitrey in a very calm, but alpha tone.
"Yes alpha." Came a unison of voices.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"What's wrong?" I asked again shaking my head at Demitrey although he couldn't see me.
"They're not attacking, and the sun set a while ago." Explained Demitrey, and he was right.
"Hold on." I said, then I cleared my throat and said in a deep voice "so, guys, remind me the Alpha's plan again, you know I have the tendency to fall asleep on the job." I cringed as I improvised my character based on the dead wolf that was sleeping when he was supposed to be watching me.

It was silent for a minute, and I thought I blew my cover but when the driver chuckled and said "Why am I not surprised? Anyway, the alpha warned and said when we we're about one to two days away, the others would not attack, and that would keep Demitrey's pack on edge, because they wouldn't know our next move."
"Makes sense. Thanks." I chuckled and shook my head, if only he knew.

"Okay, so Alpha Darrell has instructed his pack to not attack once we're one to two days away, so that would keep you guys on edge. So you'd be unaware of their next move." I explained to Demitrey, along with the entire pack.
"Soo... What is their next move exactly?" Asked Kade.
"Hold on." I said, then I asked out loud "sooo... What is our next move exactly ?"
"Jeez you really are an idiot!" Exclaimed Raoul.
"Takes one to know one." Was my reply.
"Hey! Enough. Alpha is going to use the girl for his bargaining chip. If Demitrey refuses to accept his offer, he will kill her then the war will start and it will not end until Demitrey is dead." Said the driver, which I still haven't heard his name.

I snarled as something in me snapped, wanting to rip his head off for threatening Demitrey. The reaction caught me by surprise, but I straightened myself up and connected back into the pack link I explained what Darrell's plan was, and then I exit the entire pack out and connected to Demitrey.

"Baby." He said, then he added "I miss you."
"I miss you too." I replied longingly.
"You're gonna be okay. You know that right? This will all be over soon." He reassured me.
"I know. But as usual, patience is a virtue." I sighed.
"I know, just know that I'm waiting for my prize when you get back." He said, and that woke me up.
"Prize? What prize? For what?" I asked.
"The tease and please challenge. I won." He said, and even in the link I could feel his smug smile.
"Says who?" I asked.
"Oh come on babe, you can't even argue that I won. Do you want me to remind you of what happened the night you got kidnapped?" He asked, and I felt my face get hot as the images from that evening flashed in front of my eyes.

Him stepping up to me and taking me by surprise.

"You're blushing right now aren't you." He stated, and a jolt of surprise ran through me at the shock that he knew me so well.
"Babe, not now." Warned Adelina.
"Okay, I have to to work out a plan with the pack. Love you." He said.

I was going to reply, but then I stopped myself, when I say I love you, I want to say it to his face.

"And I have a surprise for you. But you're going to have to wait." I said.
"Awww.. okay." And just like that he was gone from my mind.