Chapter 28

{Song in video: Rihanna ft. Slash - Rockstar 101}

"Where are you off to?" Chelsea asked, looking at me in confusion as I was putting different snacks in my bag.

I looked up at her after stuffing more Lays potato chips in the bag. "I told you off and on this week that I'm going to babysit Mallory this Sunday, which is today," I said.

She blinked, giving me a confused look. "Wait, that's today?"

"Yes." I nodded, laughing at her obliviousness.

"Oh...wow." She laughed, shaking her head. "Have fun with that then!"

"I will. It'll be nice being a teenager again." I looked around, trying to think of what else to bring. I didn't need anything else, so I waved bye to Chelsea, then took a taxi to Rebecca's mansion.

I told the taxi driver where to go, and he let me out right outside her mansion. I looked at the time, wincing. I was fifteen minutes late because waiting for a taxi and traffic on the way here.

I knocked on the door, and Rebecca opened it. "Hey," I greeted her with a smile on my face. I glanced around the mansion, noticing how fancy it looked.

"You're late," was all she said, quickly turning around into the house.

"Sorry about that. I had to wait for a taxi, and there was a lot of traffic."

She turned around, narrowing her eyes at me. "How long have you lived in the city?"

I blinked. "My whole life except when I was four. I briefly lived in the mountains then."

"Then you should know how the city works." I opened my mouth to say something, but she continued, "Anyways, I assume you know I would have some rules in place?"

"Yes, of course." I nodded. "I even brought some games and snacks." I grinned, showing her cards and snacks.

"Mallory can't have much sugar and junk foods."

"Is she diabetic?"

"No, she's a model, and has to watch her figure."

I resisted to roll my eyes. "Oh okay."

"She also isn't allowed to have anyone over while Todd and I are gone."

"Are there any emergency numbers you would like me to have?"

"You can call Vince or Jesenia if there is one."

I nodded. "Alright-"

"I would hope there would be no emergencies under your care." She gave me a serious look.

"No, of course not." I shook my head.

"Good." She looked at the time on her phone. "I have to leave now. Mallory is in her room, which is upstairs. You can go to any room except any of the bedrooms."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye." She nodded. "Bye, Mallory!" She exclaimed in a louder voice.

"Bye, mom," Mallory said to her as she came down the stairs.

Rebecca opened the front door, then left.

"Hey, Mallory!" I turned to Mallory as I greeted her with a smile.

"Hey," Mallory said back, then checked her phone.

"I have some snacks in my bag, if you want it."

As she looked up, her eyes widened in surprise, and she smiled. "I'll have some. My mom hardly ever lets me eat sugar, and if she does, it's a small amount."