A Free Period ✨

I make it to my next class, College Marketing and I take a seat in the back of the class. I pull my hood over my head so I brood in peace. All that shit Vanessa and Annabelle were talking about really put me in a bad mood. I knew they were going to try me but I didn't expect it to get under my skin like that.

One part of me wonders if it's true? I wouldn't be this heated if it wasn't which means part of what they said had to resonate with me. As much as I don't want to and I hate to admit it I don't like the idea of Annabelle and Cole together.

My phone dings pulling me from my thoughts and it's a text from Nicole telling me that she's going to put me on to something. I text her an okay and wait for her response. As I wait more people come into the class and soon they come in.

They spot me in the back and they grin wide and come sit by me. Praying for strength I focus on my phone, why do they have to be in almost all of my classes? Unfortunately, our teacher is out and we have a substitute which basically means a free period.

Cole takes a seat beside me and immediately I can smell the cigarette he must've smoked. Smoking is a nasty habit. Whilst he's talking to the boys he takes off his black sweater to reveal a white t-shirt that is tightly hugging his body.

I notice the tattoo on his wrist again and I squint my eyes to try and make out what it's supposed to be but then my phone dings again. I open it to see a long ass paragraph from Nicole and I mouth a damn. Sis is really in her feelings this morning.

From: Nicki

Aii so boom, David and I have been fighting a lot lately. He's become so distant towards me and shutting me out that I fear that he's going to break up with me. I don't know what to do and I don't want to think about us not being together. I gave your brother everything and I feel like he's moving on or at least moving in a different direction from me. He use to talk to me about everything but now he barely looks at me. He's shutting me out and I don't know what to do.

As I read through her message my heart breaks for her. Nicole and David have been together since freshman year. She even gave his virginity to him so this must be rough for her.

He hasn't told you anything? Not even why he's been acting up?

Nicki is typing...

From: Nicki

Nah, I pressed him once and he basically told me to mind my fucking business and that he's not in the mood. I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't want me but at the same time he is my first love.

The me that is David's sister wants to gag and throw up at that but the me that is Nicole's friend feels bad. I go to type a response when my phone is snatched out of my hands by none other than the dickhead himself.

"Lincoln" I seethe and Lincoln begins scrolling through my message. He tries reading it out loud and I nearly jump across Cole to get my phone back.

"Give it back!" I demand while reaching over to grab it but Lincoln moves further away from me so I can't reach. I tell him to stop and Lincoln begins reading out loud.

"Stop!" I shout and they all laugh at me.

"Cole!" I growl while looking at him to stop this. He laughs and I tell him to make them stop, "Sorry, I can't reach all the way over there" He answers and and I feel my anger rising.

I hate all of them!

When Lincoln looks back at the screen the amused smile on his face drops slightly. Not too much that anyone would notice really but there was definitely a change.