0070

The rain splattered against the window ferociously as it filled the silence within the room, between the two friends. Every second that passed with Craig anxiously biting his lip, he was regretting every choice he'd made today, especially the choice that lead to him handing the letter over to Tweek.

From across the room, Tweek wasn't paying attention to how increasingly bothered Craig was getting, but rather, his focus was set on the torn paper clutched in his hands. He had a strange feeling in his stomach with the more he read, even more so upon reading the line about Craig's father being his own bully.

This letter was something Tweek could never fathom Craig writing himself, even if he was only a young boy at the time. It was something personal, something emotional, something Tweek wanted to keep ahold of to read again later on.

He'd been mid way through reading the final sentence when Craig couldn't take it anymore, practically charging towards the blonde to snatch the letter away. Suddenly his anger had been replaced with embarrassment, and for now that was all he could feel as he mentally cursed himself out for being so stupid.

Despite his quick moves, Tweek's reflexes were faster, giving him the advantage to protectively hide the letter behind his back. He needed to finish it, and he couldn't let Craig take it away before he had.

The goal to finish reading it was becoming increasingly hard when Craig pulled at Tweek's arm and held it hostage as he demanded the letter back. Though Tweek continued to resist, going as far to sink to the floor with the paper tightly clutched in his hand as he tugged his other one free.

He had a few seconds to scan the area, and after seeing a relatively small opening under Craig's littered bed, he went for it. Still standing, Craig furrowed his brows as he watched Tweek disappear under the bed, though before the final leg could slither away, Craig grabbed ahold of it and pulled his friend back into view.

From under the bed, Tweek squeaked in surprised as he held onto whatever he could, but Craig won this round and within a matter of seconds, he was being dragged out to awkwardly stare upward.

Their eyes met for a split second before Craig noticed the paper in Tweek's hand, and in that moment, all he saw was what he wanted. He sat on Tweek, pinning him to the floor as he grabbed ahold of the hand with the paper in, though no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't peel Tweek's fingers open.

The blonde struggled from underneath Craig's weight, and despite repeatedly trying to knock him off, he failed to do so. His clothes were still wet from before, which was making him even more uncomfortable, but still, he refused to give up until he'd finished reading that last sentence.

Unintelligent grumbles and curses filled the space between them as they scrapped it out, and panic rose through Tweek's veins as Craig successfully peeled his third finger from the paper. He looked up as Craig concentrated on their hands with his lips pressed tightly together, and for a split second he thought about what younger Craig had wrote about once liking him.
He wanted Craig to like him again.

In the moment when his thoughts collided together into one huge mess, and Craig became closer to retrieving his letter, Tweek breathed deeply, with his eyes locked onto the person he cared for the most in this world. He thought about the frozen pond again, and the more he pictured how that memory would've ended had he being able to remember it, he smiled to himself before harshly kneeing Craig and catching him by surprise.