Chapter 114: I Don't Need Help!

Tumbling through the hole was a lot worse than I expected. All the holes in the forest were connected, so the God of Darkness and I went tumbling into falling puddles of gore and corpses and more stuff that I didn't want to go into detail about. I could see that the dawn was barely rising, but we continued falling among all of the things that ravaged the forest at night.

     Of course, Keir thought it was a good idea to continue the fight.

     I never let go of the feeling inside of me that I could die soon. I never let go of the idea that he might go back for my home and kill all the people in it, he might kill the villagers, and he might even go to such lengths that he would find my brothers and sisters just to kill them too for spite. To spite me, for spiting him.

     Even though I sneered and snarled on the outside, I was cold and cunning inside (or at least I tried to be), watchful for any weakness he might give away to this me who had bathed in the blood of a thousand monsters.

     From the side, he launched an attack with a sword.

     "Where the hell did you get the bloody sword?!" I screamed in the language of the gods, which I always conversed to gods in, with a British accent. It was silly, but it actually happened.

     "My storage of course! Lots of challengers back in the day loved swords."

     For sure, this guy needed to learn many things! Couldn't even respect the dead, taking their things and making their corpses fight as guards for him for eternity.

     I pulled a sword out of my own storage, brandishing it at him. It was a light sword, two-handed.

     From the pirate ship that I raided.

     Well, it's not like I'm any better. Who am I to talk?

     But still...the swords thing? I'm not good with swords at all. Like, I practiced with Brownie, Blondie, and David a lot, just swinging because I could never get the form right, and even after all this time I was really clumsy with it. My swordsmanship level was five, which was depressingly way less than average, the same level as a small child...wait, I am a small child...

     But is it because I never did much physical activity in my original world?

     Then I guess I'll just have to train like crazy here to get anywhere decent.

     He came at me, his sword of silver and blood from the falling guts flashing in an eerie way.

     We clashed, me trying to mirror all of the sword stances I'd been taught so far. I hooked hilts with him, making it a war of gravity and strength as we continued to fall. My sword glinted as the dawn rose far above us, and it was scary how far down it reached when we had already gone past five thousand pouriks.

     "Why are you going to such lengths for this?!"

     "I told you. I will take from you what you took from me."

     His black eyes met mine, a hidden understanding passing through them as he camouflaged his intentions in their murky depths. I had a feeling that if I just looked at it in a different way than through this dark space, this dark chasm I was in, I would understand. If the light of day hit his face, everything would be clear to this bumbling fool of a girl right here, since no one could hide the truth from their faces no matter how hard they tried.

     "That doesn't make sense!"

     "It makes perfect sense."

     "I took from you your home, yet you left mine alone! I took your time with your lover away, but all you've done is deprive me but two hours of sleep! I sent you far, far away from here, but I'm only about thirty miles from my house!" I huffed as he sent me flying into the corpse of a three headed serpent, probably a cousin to the basilisk. "What do you truly want from me?!"