Chapter 6: Rivendell

(Arulla's P.O.V)

We were coming upon a small hill nearing Rivendell. As the eagles began to circle I hugged my eagle close to me, so I wouldn't fall off. Once we landed I smiled up at my eagle and ran to give him a proper hug. "Thank you Gwahir, Lord of the eagles. From hence forth I am forever in your debt, and you are now my personal friend." The eagle shook his head, "No Arulla daughter of Thorin, it is I who is in your debt. If ever you should need me, I will come. And I accept your friendship as you have accepted mine." Then he took off. Gandalf looked at me stunned, "Arulla? Daughter of Thorin, son of Thráin, son of Thrór?" My eyes saddened and I bowed my head, "No, not anymore. Erebor was taken by a fire serpent and it took everything away from me." "But-" Gandalf protested, "But nothing Gandalf! Erebor was taken! And everyone I love was taken with it. If my father or mother was still alive, they would've found me in that forest, not you!" I snapped, "Now, take me to Rivendell, those were my mother's orders so please." I asked, in a much more nicer tone this time. "And don't call me Arulla, Arulla is dead, Aranel is all I am now." Gandalf nodded, "Very well, Aranel."

We walked down a path into Rivendell, and it was quite exquisite. The path was smooth and sanded well, and before we actually stepped foot into Rivendell, there was an arc that was quite taller than Gandalf. I sniggered at the thought, because I was quite tall for a dwarf child, but Gandalf towered over me, so you can imagine how I felt. An elf walked down the steps to greet us, but I hid behind Gandalf's cloak. "Gandalf!" The elf said. "Ah, Lord Elrond!" Gandalf smiled. "What is the meaning of this unexpected visit?" I smiled behind Gandalf's cloak, but when Gandalf moved aside, my smile went away. "Lord Elrond, this is Aranel. I found her all on her own, wandering through the Greenwood, and I was wondering if you could give her shelter here, because she has nowhere else to go." Elrond stepped towards me, and quickly looked me over, "What race are you, my dear." I hesitated, "I am a dwarf my Lord, but a very skilled dwarf, even at twenty years of age." Elrond smiled at my boldness and a slight chuckle escaped his mouth, "You are welcome to stay here, Aranel. I will present you as my own, if that is what you wish." I nodded, "Very well Aranel.. You are now, Aranel Oiailmarë, Princess of eternal starlight, and my daughter. You have two older twin brothers, Elrohir and Elladan, and one little sister, Arwen. Is this alright with you?" A smile streched across my face, "Oh yes, my Lord. This makes me very happy. Thank you!"

Elrond nodded his head slightly, "Come, you must be starving." Before we left the entrance way I tugged on Elronds tunic, "Forgive me my Lord, but I cannot bring myself to call you 'Father'. You said you would present me as your daughter, and that would make me oh so very happy," My face saddened. "But I cannot call you 'Father'." Elrond nodded in understanding, "Then call me whatever you wish, and that is what will be your version of 'Father' and yours only." I smiled again, "Then I will call you Adadîth. It is dwarvish for 'Little father'." Elrond smiled and chuckled heartily, "Then I would be honored to be called that name. Now come, you must eat."

We were led into a large dining room, there were two long tables and one small and isolated table, probably meant for the royals. When we entered the dining room, there were a bunch of people already there, I hid behind Elrond's tunic. Elrond moved away so the people could see me, I looked up at the people, then to Gandalf, then to Elrond. Elrond had a slight smile on his face, "This is Aranel, she is my daughter even though she is not of Elvish heritage, Treat her well, because she is here to stay." Two men came towards me, they looked very much alike, I suspect that they will become my brothers. "Hello Aranel," The first man said, he had long raven black hair, and soft green eyes, and three braids around his head of hair. "My name is Elrohir and this is Elladan. We are your brothers." I looked over at Elladan, he also had raven black hair, but soft blue eyes, and not a single braid in his hair. I smiled, and ran to hug my 'Brothers'.