Prince of Knights Chp39

Is it me of this picture is just amazing?

_______________________________________

~*When I love, the water gushes from my fingers, grass grows on my tongue. When I love, I become time outside all time."~*Nizar Qabbani

Morning breeze rattled against the wooden windows endeavoring to unwrap its frosty blanket inside the house. The Borkan siblings sat in their main room savoring their brunch with a guest who had appeared by the door as soon as the sun had mounted, Adhari. Faris along with his brothers Nasser and Fahad sat around the sufra. The Borkan brothers now and then fed their youngest sibling Jaazee who sat close to Faris. It was clear in her glowing eyes that she longed to see her brother and from the way she would place her small head on his muscular arm indicated that there was consternation in that pure heart as well.

Batool along with Adhari sat a bit far away from the men and chattered in hushed voices, but their laughter and giggles were heard which made Jaazee lift her head smile then lean on Faris's arm again. Faris peered down at his sister and grinned, he could not find the heart to tell his beloved one that the arm she rested on was prey to a sword. Every time she laid her head there a wince materialized on his face a wince that did not whiz past both Nasser and Fahad.

Suddenly a deep scowl made its way to Nasser's face and Faris frowned wondering what had caused his brother to act in such a manner. The knight moved his head to his right an inch or so and from the corner of his eye, he saw his spouse and Shouq amble into the main room. When they came to an abrupt halt by the door Faris knew the woman had witnessed Nasser's malevolent mood and pursed his lips.

"Just when I pondered we would have a tranquil meal." The giant of a man snarled.

Faris lifted his gaze to Nasser who glared at the Rashideen. He remained silent solely because Jaazee was beside him. "Nasser, do not utter another word, brother." Fahad implored eyes darting between Nasser and Faris.

"Why mustn't I? Look at what the Rashideen tribe has committed." Nasser rose to his feet and Faris placed his colossal hand on Jaazee's much smaller one and sat straight. The elder sibling knew that Nasser was vexed. This woman and her tribe had caused exceptional calamity and his brother, his idol was on the verge of destruction and he, Nasser was not present there to shield Faris.

"Nasser, what is the matter, brother? Why do you speak that way?" Shouq questioned perturbed. She stood by Raghad who merely peered at the man, unwavering.

Nasser shook his large head and his long hair brushed against his wide shoulders in the process. Slowly he made his way towards the Rashideen and came to a standstill before her. Raghad had to incline her head back to look him straight in the eye. The man, by Allah, appeared like a beast in front of the woman who barely reached his sizeable chest. However, she looked at him with frozen eyes, eyes that promised a fortitude Raghad did not possess.