¤28¤

Danielle

Once everyone is seated in my apartment we start to talk.

"You guys want some water?" I asked.

Lonzo shakes his head no.

I look at Kyle waiting for a reply.

"I guess I'll take one." Kyle says.

I go to the kitchen and I grab two water bottles.

I toss one to Kyle and he catches it taking a sip.

"So," I say looking at Lonzo.

"You two need to talk about shit so, I'll leave you to it!" Lonzo gets up and walks outside of my apartment.

There is an awkward silence that fills the room.

Neither of us say a word.

Finally Kyle breaks the silence. "So did you see the article?"

I nod my head yes.

"So um, I mean- this all can go how we want it to go. We are in control of the whole situation. If you want, I can tell the press that we are not dating a-"

"And what if I don't want you to do that?"

Kyle looks at me with a surprised look on his face, "-you don't want me to tell the press we aren't dating?"

I shake my head, "No, no...no I don't want you to tell the press we aren't dating!"

"Why not?" Kyle asked.

"Because...I told you before, Ugly." I let out a long sigh, "I-I told you before that I like you! I like you!" I say frustration in my voice.

Kyle doesn't say anything he sits there thinking.

I shift my body in my chair and I start to fiddle with my fingers.

My hands start to sweat and I bite the inside of my cheek, that's a bad habit I have; It usually happend when I'm nervous.

"So, this means you want to date me?" Kyle asked trying to understand what I'm saying.

I roll my eyes, I say "Yes!"

Kyle was going to speak but Lonzo barges into my apartment.

"We have to go!" He says.

"What why?" I asked standing up from my chair.

Lonzo says "A fan spotted me and she posted me on Instagram, now the press will be here any minute!"

I look down at the floor.
Kyle walks over to me, "We'll talk later, I promise!" He pulls me into a hug and I hug him back, after that they are both gone.

_______

QOTD: Who is your favorite character in the book?