3

Steve got up and closed the door for the other man though.

I flicked my tail in annoyance.

Steve walked back over to me, "Hey there little kitten, I'm Steve," he introduced. Steve extended a hand, which I sniffed.

He smelled like vanilla and sweat.

I extended a paw, claws sheathed, and moved his hand closer to me.

He gently scratched the top of my head and ears.

I purred as loudly as I could, then the peace was ruined.

The other man slammed open the door, holding a clear package of lunchmeat in his hands. He handed it to Steve, "She's more likely to take it from you," he told Steve, who'd stopped petting me to accept the package.

I hissed at the other man again.

Steve opened the package and picked out a slice of light colored meat. He held it out to me after seperating it from another piece.

I snatched it with my claws and chowed down on it. 'Chicken,' I thought as I finished it.

I licked my lips, it'd been a while since I'd had good chicken.

I quickly yowled at Steve for another piece.

"You can give her about two or three more pieces before I think it would be best for her to stop. We went ahead and took a few x-rays, and I have some concerns that you should know if you're taking her home," the other man told Steve.

Steve nodded as he offered me another piece, "Go ahead," was all Steve told him.

The other man opened a folder and took out a few black plastic sheets. He clipped them to a white board and flipped a switch, causing the room to go dark.

Another switch was flipped, causing the board to glow and reveal pictures on the sheets.

"Okay, so I noticed a few small hairline fractures in her right front leg. She probably jumped off something a little too high with to little calcium intake. In colder weather and or temperatures, it may be a little sore. It's not so bad that she needs surgery or a cast, so we're just gonna leave it. So be careful of it okay?"

I ignored the rest of their conversation in favor of food.