Cicero x Reader - Helping you

Yayyyy! Second part! I am finally getting around to writing things!

Fan Art: https://mainerva.deviantart.com/art/Cicero-312414074

Confessing

It had been a few days since Cicero had kissed my cheek, and I was returning from the contract that Festus gave to me on that day. Seeing Cicero again, ahh, to say I was scared was to underestimate the fear I felt in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to face him, but the curious side of me also wanted to find out if he really did care for me.

I chuckled to myself as the thought of Cicero being in love crossed my mind. The mad jester falling for me? Impossible. And yet it begged the question, why did he kiss me?

As I jogged down the steps of the Sanctuary, I waved to Astrid as I passed.

"Greetings sister." She smiled, going over her maps.

"Hey Astrid." I smiled in return and hopped into the main area to find Festus talking to Babette by the water's edge.

"Festus! I finished the contract!" I smiled, skipping over to them and Babette laughed at my stupidity.

"And why, may I ask, are you so happy?" She laughed.

"I haven't the slightest." I replied truthfully. "I have completed the contract Festus, is Nazir back yet? I want to claim the reward money."

"Why so fast?" Festus asked.

"I've been saving to buy a house for a while, I only need 500 more septums." I smiled.

"So that's why you're so happy." Babette patted my shoulder as Festus walked away. "He's not back yet, but a certain jester has been talking to himself about you all week."

I blushed slightly and looked up towards the corridor that the jester resided in. Could he really be talking about me? Or was Babette playing another one of her tricks?

"I'd say you two had something going on." Babette smirked. "Did something happen between you two?"

"It was something alright, but nothing that we both shouldn't be over by now." My curiosity had gotten the best of me and I was determined to find out how he felt. "I'll go and talk to him, see if I can't resolve the issue, do alert me if Nazir returns."

"Sure will." Babette smiled sweetly and ran off to feed her pet spider.

I ran up the slope and clambered into Cicero's room with a loud thump which made Cicero jump.

"Sorry Cicero, I didn't mean to scare you." I giggled a little as I watched him scramble to his feet.

"You didn't scare Cicero, listener." He lied.

"Oh yeah? Then I supposed you just tripped?" I folded my arms.

"Yes. I did if you just know." He lied once again.

"Whatever you say Cicero." I walked in and sat on the bed as he sat on his chair. "I did have something to ask-"

"Listener! Oh my, Cicero hasn't tended to mother!" Cicero looked a little startled, but there was an undertone of shakiness in his actions, as if he were worried.

"Cicero, I haven't asked you my question." I got up, as he did, and followed him to mother.

"Yes, but mother must be oiled." He insisted.

"Cicero, please." I grabbed his arm as he was about to open mother's tomb and he looked at me with slight anger.

"Cicero must oil mother."