Chapter Nineteen

We rushed Holly to the hospital. I am waiting outside with Travis.

"How can this happen?" I ask pacing the room.

"Bri, you need to sit down."

"How can I sit down, she is dying!"

"She won't die," he says grabbing my hand and leading me to a chair. "How are you feeling?" He asks feeling my forehead.

"I'm fine," I say swatting his hand away. "I just need to see her!" The doctor comes out and I jump up, running over to him.

"She doesn't look good." He mumbles softly. "I'm sorry." He leaves quickly and I stand there, frozen. I run into the room and see Holly is asleep. I sit next to her and take her hand.

"I'm so sorry," I am my voice breaking with my sobs. "I should have let you go. I should have let you go when mom and dad died. I was scared, scared of being alone. If I and just let you go you would be happy. Living with another family, not knowing anything about this world. Now your dying and you were never happy. I'm so sorry." I sob harder clinging to her hand. "You're all I have left!" I look at her face, she is so pale. The heartbeat monitor beeps slowly, but she already looks dead. Her hand is cold, and it feel so small in my hand. She is so young. "How could this happen to you?"

"Bri?" Her raspy voice asks. Her eyes flutter open and they find mine.

"It's me."

"What happened?" She asks.

"Nothing, you're okay."

"I'm tired." My eyes widen.

"Don't go to sleep!" I say standing up.

"Why not?" She asks blinking in an attempt to keep her eyes open.

"Just don't, please Hol!" I say frantically.

"I'm sorry, I need to sleep." Her eyes begin to close.

"Holly, no! Just stay with me!"

"I can't," she takes a deep breath. "You won't be alone, Travis... Travis is with you... I was always happy with you Bri-I-I was always happy...with you-I was home with you-"

"No, Holy please!"Her eyes close and her head lolls to the side. The heart monitor slows, before stopping. My breath catches in my throat and my eyes widen in shock. She can't be dead, she just can't! I jump up just as nurses and doctors flocked into the room. Holly looked so young at that moment that I felt my hearts stop too. My knees buckle and my legs give out, causing me to fall to the floor. But I didn't fall, I felt two arms hold me up.

"Bria, sit down." Travis said sitting me in a chair. He fanned my face with his hand, but my vision was blurred. All I could see was Holly's pale face. "Bria!" Travis yelled, but he sounded so far away. I hear him curse and trace the cut on my cheek. "You lost too much blood," he mumbled. I take another deep breath, but the constant beep of the heart monitor stopped my breath in its tracks. My head began to pound, making the lack of oxygen clear for my burning lungs. I took one last large gulp of air, before my eyes closed and I collapsed in the chair.

•••

Kitten has over one thousand reads!!! It is my most viewed story!! Sing to Me While I'm dying is a close second. If you haven't read Sing to Me While I'm dying you should check it out, it was my first completed story on WattPad. I can't thank you enough for all the reads so I am updating early!! What do you think will happen with Holly? With Bria?? Comment, I love to hear your feedback, it really helps!! Also comment your stories, I love to read them!!