15. Yours are softer

Christian's POV

"What?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"I mean, I never thought of you like that seriously." She said, with guilt filling her marble eyes like an endless ocean.

I realised how I was mastering the art of victimising myself. A huge part of me felt like smiling, but it would be like giving a good deal away, so I just turned around and walked out of the room. I closed the door behind me with a grin on my face, because I had already planned what I would do next.

Chloe brings out a side of me I didn't know existed. She just gets me doing stuff I never imagined I would do for anyone. It's almost like she is driving my actions, without even actually taking control. What would happen if someday I get married to her? Maybe its too early to think like that but, eventually we will; she is destined to be mine.

Only mine.

She talks too much, more than anyone who talks to me, surprisingly she seems interested. It's almost like she enjoys my company, but I'm not sure yet, so I would rather stay humble. But the cozier she gets around me the more I realise that she is like a cotton candy swirl. Pure, soft and gentle. Which makes me fantasize about her, not always holy though. She surely drives me insane.

Willingly giving her, everything was the first time I decided to take chances with her. I picked up and led on the thought of me being infatuated by her. Being in love is easy, but admitting you are in love is a lot harder. It takes courage to accept your heart being someone else's territory.

I was in the elevator, the door opened on the ground floor and the manager saw me walking out. He immediately greeted me, walking straight towards the reception. Within a few more seconds I had my package in my hands. I looked at the bottle and it spelt 'moonshine', Chloe's favourite liquor brand. Taking a deep breath, I walked back to the elevator.

It was almost eight in the evening and I had been waiting to go back to my room for about half an hour, to make my plan seem more believable. Yes, I am cunning and yes, I use my wittiness in little matters when it comes to her. I want her to fall in love with me as naturally as possible, even if all the incidents are pre-planned in my head.

I glanced at my watch a last time before pressing the doorbell. Of course, I had the smart key card, but I didn't want to enter the room unannounced. I waited a few seconds before she opened the door for me. Her small figure, half hiding behind the door, with her doe eyes staring at mine made my breath hitch. Even her bare face appeared as if glowing in the dim ambience. I can't help but stare at her features every time I look at her.

"Can I come in?" I asked raising my eyebrows. She quickly nodded opening the door wider, giving me space to walk in.

I was about to place the bottle on the table when I saw two bowls, untouched. "You didn't eat?" I asked turning to her.

"I was, uh, waiting for you." She said like a child who has committed a mistake. Her voice was so gentle, I wouldn't have been able to hear it if there was a little noise. But the silence was so deep I could hear even the smallest movement.

"But now it's cold, you like eating cold ramen?" I again asked.

"Yeah, I like it cold too." She answered again. This almost felt like I was interrogating her for some crime she committed.

"If you want, I can order something for you." she said and I slightly tilting my head said,

"No."

Again, guilt got filled in her eyes, but I turned around keeping the bottle on the table. I glanced at her tiny figure through my shoulder when I heard her speak.