Chapter-12

ETHAN'S POV.

I stared down at Skylar she came out from the water. She hesitantly looked at me while I grabbed her a towel. Swinging it over her, I wrapped it around her body. She started to feel uncomfortable, as it was after a long time that she was bare to my eyes.

I helped her out of the tub and walked her out. I grabbed another towel and cleansed her. Her eyes still looked swollen as tears remained in her eyes. The sight of her made my heart churn.

My chest tightened at the mere sight of her appearance. She looked devasted. The bastard laid a finger on her seven years ago and I refused to believe her back then. Heck, it was partly the reason why we broke up.

My eyes burned when I looked at the bruises on her shoulder. I controlled all of myself to not break down in front of her. She needs me to stay strong for her. I can't break down.

When she laid there, helpless with her dress stripped apart, my entire body shook with anger. I felt as though my blood boiled with the anger that needed to come out. I could only imagine how difficult it was for her to take it all in.

I quietly dressed her and dried her hair. When I was done, I crouched down before he and cupped her face.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

She looked away and took my hand off from her face. The pain inside my chest intensified at that sight. I controlled the tears from slipping from my eyes.

"Baby, please.." I said, in a chocked voice. "Please talk to me."

"What do I say.." she mumbled, her own tears spilling. "None of this would have happened if you didn't leave the party. If you didn't.. feel disgusted by my kiss-"

"I'm sorry." I cupped her face again. "I'm so sorry for doing that to you, baby. But you know I wasn't disgusted-"

"Please don't talk about it." She said, her lips trembling. "Just.. I want to forget it happened to me. I want to forget this night happened."

I nodded. She deserved to forget this. And if that's how she is going to feel okay, then I'm going to make sure she never remembers this.

"I'm sorry.." I said. "But please tell me you're okay. It's ripping me apart to see you like this."

She looked at me with an unreadable expression. Slowly opening her mouth, she replied. "I'm fine."

I sighed. "I'll get you some clothes to change."

I quickly went to her clothes pile and pulled out a night gown. As she changed, I came to the kitchen and heated up some left overs. By the time I set the table up, Skylar came down.

We ate in silence.

"I need to tell you something." I spoke.
She glanced at me.

"I.. We are supposed to go on our honeymoon tomorrow." I said. "I know it's hard after what happened today so I was thinking of postpon-"

"But the media knows right?" She asked me.

"Yes." I said.

"Then we're going." She said.

"You don't have to do that." I said. "Not for the media at least."

"We got married for the media, Ethan." She said, giving me a strained look. "This is nothing. We're even letting Jake go for the media."

My hands balled into fists. "Who told you that we're letting him go? We're going to press charges."

"You won't, Ethan. Your family pride is more important."