Chapter 1

Hi, I'm KK the author of this book. I just wanted to let you know this is my first ever story so don't hate because I know it's bad. I hope you enjoy it and thanx for reading.

*Sory if I can't post regularly (School UGH)

Kayla POV

I had been living in Korea for 6 months now, I knew the language, loved the culture and was fascinated by the country. I moved from England with my best friend Mi-Ah to pursue a career in fashion.

I was having the best time, but I didn't see this move as a permanent thing until I met a guy called Namjoon.

It was a Sunday afternoon and I was really craving coffee so I went to my favorite little café in Seoul.

It was really busy that day, but I saw one free seat near the back of the shop, so I ran inside to get it. Although there was already someone sitting at the table I didn't care, all I wanted was to get a coffee and croissant and to read my favorite book.

I walked up to the guy and asked if the seat was free. He didn't even look at me but immediately said "sure, go ahead". I said thanks, put my stuff down and went up to the counter to order. I looked over at the guy sitting at the table, he was typing something on a laptop and had a mouth mask and baseball hat on, so I couldn't see his face, but I could see what he was wearing, he was wearing a black t-shirt, leather jacket, black pants, white converse and had dyed blonde hair from what I could see from the hole at the back of the hat.

When my coffee was ready I went back to the table took out my book and started reading.

It had been about 15 minutes and the café had emptied out, so it was now just me and the guy sitting opposite me.

Neither of us moved until the guy sitting opposite me closed his laptop. He took off his hat and mouth mask and went to order something at the counter. I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I didn't know where from.

When he came back our eyes met and we shared a smile. He had deep brown eyes which a person could fall into and get lost in and when he smiled his cute dimples came out and I was mesmerized. It didn't last long before he got shy and looked away.

I went back to reading my book and he sat down.

I could tell he wanted to say something to me as he kept making these noises, but when he eventually spoke he said,"that book is one of my favorites" I smiled and replied with

"Mine too, I've read it like 10 times"

"same," he said and we both laughed.

"I'm Namjoon by the way"

"Kayla" we shook hands. He then said

"you're not from around here are you"

"no, I moved here a few months ago. I'm from England" he smiled

"well your Korean is amazing" he said in English

"your English isn't too bad either".

After this, the conversation just flowed we talked about books, hobbies, likes, dislikes, hopes, dreams and so much more.

We exchanged numbers and spoke some more until we were disturbed by a waitress at the café "we're closing in 5 minutes" she said.

I looked at my watch. We had been speaking for so long that it was getting close to seven, the café was closing, and it was getting dark outside. We apologized picked up our stuff and left the café.

Namjoon walked me to my car where we said our goodbye's as it was getting late.

We just looked at each other for a few seconds until Namjoon said "well I'll call you" I smiled and replied "I'll be looking forward to it" we both smiled. He then said,

"I had a great time today haven't been able to speak to someone like that in forever" I replied with "me neither I haven't got that many friends here besides Mi-Ah and a few friends from work" I exclaimed. His phone buzzed, and he checked it and then said

"I have to go, work stuff," we said bye and then he ran off and got into a cab and drove off.

I felt sad for some Bizarre reason so I got into my car and just sat there for a few minutes and replayed the day in my head. It made me feel happy for some reason but I don't know why. I felt a warm feeling in my heart. A feeling I had never felt before.

My phone buzzed it was Mi-Ah texting to know where I was. I had forgotten we had an important dinner meeting with new clients. I was already late and I also needed to go home have a shower and change.

I turned my car on and rushed home.

Thanx for reading hoped you enjoyed :)