Ch.1 - Reluctant Fresh Start

Like my first book, this second story is full of learning. It's a lot better than MMM, but it's still got it's quirks in need of correction. Hopefully by my third I'll really have the swing of this writing thing. lol. Every chap that gets written, the little bit more I understand of how daunting writing truly is and can be.

This came through inspiration after reading some really messed up relationship stories, particularly in the teacher/student genre. Not really my cup of tea, but I thought it important to offer something kinder, softer, and more understanding to what a relationship should represent. Plus I hate the notion that trauma is romanticized, it's not. Helping someone heal, accepting that it takes time and patients, someone to stick by your side through your ugly phases and good stages; thats romantic to me. 

This is nowhere near perfect, but it is something I tried to represent as well as I could with my developing storytelling skills.  

With that said, I did try and tailor to what readers were wanting. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it. 

_____________________________________________

The difference between friendly and manipulative had never been a lesson she had had to learn.

There had never been a reason to not give people her blind trust, or to ever search for deceitful motives. Learn how to ignore rehearsed words and focus on the truth revealed in the way one person touches another.

She had never understood that playing games was a part of human nature.

Testing boundaries. Strength and will. Domination and submission.

The lesson that to some people you're just a thing to be squashed or a thing to be used.

It had all started with the idea of letting go of all that you've ever known and embracing something entirely different. Starting over from scratch on every human level you can think of.

New house, new city, new people, new you.

You are not the same person you are from old city to new because as much as you might think you'll be you wherever in the world you are, its just not true. What you surround yourself with says a lot about who you are and what has happened to you to have gotten there.

Charlotte was accepted, struggling in a new world outside of high school, a place where friends aren't the same people you met in ninth grade. But thats not the change that has disrupted her neatly trimmed world. Loved by her family even when it suffers with some strange dynamics. To her it was as good as it gets.

This timid girl trying to survive amongst her peers and become the person she strives her little sister to look up to, thought that this was her springboard, this is her about to embrace her maturing life.

She was enjoying summer and the beginning of fall after having just graduated from the place that had claimed to have educated her for the last few years, already anxiously looking into post secondary schooling. Parties on the beach, hanging with friends everyday, and cruising in crappy first purchased cars while screaming to her friend Dayna's favourite songs, blasting their ears deaf.

All was good. Great even. Her safe little world she had made for herself. Trying to keep hold of friends, and like ever person, she had been in search of companionship. Subsequently this all coincided with Charlottes mother coming home with a ''Killer job offer that couldn't and shouldn't be declined''.

Soon after commenced the departing ceremonies. An event that was to be a celebration of time well spent in Miami. So proceeded Charlottes parents inviting over their entire family and long rooted friends to the family's Miami house. Emotions running high all around, and although Charlotte wasn't the hugging type, she had gladly accepted embraces as they came. Partying like she's never done before, letting drinks be handed to her and downed like swallowing water after a run in the heat. Drowning her discontent and tears with the welcomed bottles He had handed to her willingly.