8

Two days later, some strange man broke into Steve and I's apartment.

I growled at him from my place on the counter, he didn't even spare me a glance.

As he entered the kitchen, I pounced.

I landed on his shoulder and dug in with my claws.

The man merely grabbed my scruff and tossed me into the bedroom.

I yowled loudly and continuously meowed for Steve.
.
.
.
It took a few hours before I heard the door slam open.

I could hear Steve talking to the man, I yowled until I heard a loud crash.

My yowling turned into clawing at the door.

A loud bang sent me hiding under Steve's bed. I could wait for Steve here.
.
.
.
Steve didn't come back for hours, I stayed hidden under the bed until the door opened.

I ran out from beneath the bed and jumped onto Steve's chest.

He was startled for a few moments before he realized it was me. He put a hand beneath me and the other on my back, to support me.

"Hey Dot," my claws dug into his shirt, Steve grabbed the small cage he'd brought me in here.

He put me inside before practically running out the door, taking me with him. He'd also brought the cover, he pulled it down when we got outside.

I curled up in the cage, I felt him walking.

I heard him open a car door and slam it closed. I drifted off to sleep as he drove.
.
.
.
I woke up when the car lurched to a small stop.

Steve picked me up and ran into a building. "Tell Tony to take care of her for a few days," was all he said before I heard him run off.

I watched the cover be lifted to reveal a woman's face, I hissed at her with flattened ears.

She wrinkled her nose in distaste as she let the cover fall back.

"Mister Stark, Captain Rogers brought a delivery..."