Liars

Chapter Twenty Four: Liars

~~ I slept but only a few hours, for Raoul's words of love continuously replayed in my mind. He loved me, I knew it, but, to actually hear it smacked me harder than a cannonball ever could! It hurt me a little, for I knew I felt not the same about him; I don't believe I ever could. But, something was holding me back from saying it to him, I couldn't quite put my finger upon it, was it pity? Was it politeness?

 I turned over and groaned, burying my face in my pillow when my door opened and in came Raoul, singing a song and carrying something that smelt amazing! I turned over slowly and stretched, rubbing my eyes as Raoul finished his song, it was 'Good Morning to You' and, at the very end, he kissed the top of my nose; He smiled and laid the platter of food down upon my legs as I slowly sat up; it was pancakes! Pancakes, a banana, four pieces of bacon, and an egg with a little jar of syrup. "Good morning, my little tulip! Sleep well?"

 He asked, pouring the syrup all over my pancakes and cutting them up into several triangles, so they would be easier to eat. I rubbed my eyes. "Not really" I said softly; sighing and weakly smiling to him.

"Why ever so not, princess?" Asked he, handing me the fork and licking the syrup off of the knife.

"There's...there's a lot on my mind" I answered uncertainly; Raoul's eyes softened and he slid down beside me, his hands laying upon my shoulders and he began to massage them gently.

"Vent to me" said he, his tone soothing and his hands were ever more lenient.

"No" I said, shoveling pancake into my mouth and smiling at syrup's sweet tang which caressed my tongue. "It's nothing important" I added, finishing the second of my four pancakes; Raoul pulled himself closer.

"Well, if it messes with your sleep, my dandelion, than it is more than enough in importance for my ears." He said softly, his hands as tender as his words. "Who knows, peach, maybe I have the answer to your problems." He added with a quiet chuckle. I sighed and finished off my third pancake, quickly beginning on my fourth.

"I don't know, Raoul...." I trailed off, he sighed.

"Well, then, if I cannot help you in that respect, allow me to help you in another." Said he, cracking my back and I gave a squeak, sighing happily afterwards; he chuckled again and kissed the back of my neck. "We'll have the most beautiful home in London, Anna, it will be big and lavish, the biggest room, of course, being a library, for I heard that you do love libraries. We'll have every book known to man in that library, and we'll call it the 'library of infinite worlds'.

"Our bathroom will be completely made out of Turkish marble and you'll only wear the finest dresses and devour only the most delicious of things. We'll dance and sing and love the night away; we'll have children, and you'll be the best of mothers and the most bewitching of brides." Raoul paused and sighed; I allowed him to speak as I finished my pancakes and most of my banana. The things he spoke of sounded absolutely exquisite, but, they were things I wanted to do with someone else; I sighed as he continued to babble on about the life he wanted with me. He finally realized my silence and addressed it.

"Peaches, what's the matter? Does the life I'm constructing not sound perfectly merry?" Asked he; in this moment I got an idea, an idea I might not be able to play off, but, I tricked Blackbeard into thinking I was pregnant, so, I could taste any lie now, right? I lifted the platter off of the bed and placed it on a side table, turning to Raoul and putting on the best smile I could; as much as I cringed, I cuddled up to Raoul and batted my eyelashes.

"It sounds unbelievably wonderful...my...my love." I choked out; Raoul paused and stared at me in disbelief.

"Your...your what, my dear?" He asked, I thought he was in shock! I smiled and sat up.