0.1

Cover above is made by Joohonk *

*

Raindrops raced down the windows of Jessica Stanley's car as Eleanor leaned her head against the coolness of the window. Her mind was consumed with thoughts of her day ahead as her sister chatted away in the driver's seat beside her.

Jessica was telling her about the new girl that was coming today from Arizona. As her sister spoke, Eleanor could hear her jealousy poking through clearly. Jessica loved being the center of attention at school and her popularity would temporarily shift to the new girl. Nobody new ever came to Forks High School and Jess didn't like the thought that someone was stealing her spotlight.

The two sisters had never been very much alike. While Jessica liked attention and, for the most part, people, Eleanor preferred to be left alone. Jessica liked to go out on a Friday night with friends and El didn't mind a night in, closed off from the outside world.

Eleanor kept herself closed off from others for a reason. When she was only ten, she realized she could do things that her sister - or anyone else - couldn't do. She had the ability to move objects with her mind which, at the time, confused her to no end. As she experimented with her magic, Eleanor found she could read anyone's thoughts as clearly as her own.

Her power terrified her and she made an effort to keep herself at a distance.

"Are you even listening to me?" Jessica snapped as she turned the car into the school parking lot.

"Yes." Eleanor rolled her eyes with a huff. Jess had been complaining about this for days. "You were telling me about one of your tests today."

Jessica hummed and put her car in park. The twins grabbed their bags and exited the car, walking towards their group of friends. Despite their differences, they did share the same friend group. However, while Jess was close with Lauren, Eleanor was close with Angela.

Eric Yorkie walked over to Angela and Eleanor and put his arms around both girls. "Ready to meet the newbie?"

She only scowled and shoved her friend's arm off. "Between you and Jess gossiping about her, I feel as if I already have."

Eric laughed at her but Eleanor meant it. It wasn't that she didn't like new people, but she was wary around them for good reason. And besides, Bella Swan had been the talk of the town recently and Eleanor was ready for her arrival so everyone would go back to talking about regular things, like the new menu at the local café.

Angela shimmied her way between the two and reached for their hands. "Enough talking and let's get to class."

Eleanor was lucky to have most of her classes with her friends and none with Lauren. She didn't understand how her sister wad friends with the girl at times, but other days she understood perfectly well.