Chapter 49

Hi Guys...

Here's the new chapter...

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d been sat at the side of Jake’s bed for the past 2 weeks and refused to move. He hadn’t really progressed any further. The doctors had told us that he was suffering from a concussion due to the hard impact his head had with the floor but they couldn’t understand why it was taking him this long to wake up. This slowly made me start worrying about him but as long as the heart monitor kept beeping that’s all I cared about. Emily and Brook never left his bedside. My mum had suggested that I should go home and change but I refused and told her I wasn’t leaving my best friend in case anything happened whilst I was gone. Becki had also stayed with me and we talked a little bit about prom. I decided not to tell her that I won’t be going to prom if Jake doesn’t wake up as he had said that he would dance with me. Prom was only a week away now and I couldn’t even think about what I wanted my hair to look like or anything like that. I kept hold of Jake’s hand in case he would make a slight movement I would feel it also I wanted to feel the warmth that I missed so much.

Scott’s POV

I slowly raised my fist and knocked on the door. I was so nervous. I’ve never taken anyone out before and now I know why guys feel nervous. I mean she was a beautiful girl and I didn’t know how she was interested in me but I wasn’t going to miss this opportunity. The door slowly opened and I saw Amy stood there wearing a red dress that came just below her knee. It clung to her body showing all of her curves. Her hair cascaded down in curls around her shoulders and was wearing black heels with the dress.

“Hi” She said with a slight blush.

“Hey... Shall we go?” I said whilst smiling at her. I’ve got to say I could get used to seeing her blush. She nodded and closed the door behind her. I waited until she locked the door before I held my hand out towards her. She gently took it and we started to walk towards the lift. I pressed the floor button and watched the lift doors close.

“So where are we going tonight?” She asked.

I turned to look at her and noticed my reflection in the lift. I looked at the black suit that I had chosen with a white shirt and a skinny black tie hoping it looked ok. “Le Casa de Mama... They do amazing Italian food” I said to her. She nodded and carried on holding my hand until the lift doors opened. I led her outside and towards the main entrance. I had decided to use my Lamborghini tonight to hopefully charm her a little bit. I opened the passenger door for her.

“Thank you” She whispered before climbing in. When I closed the door I took a deep breath before walking around and climbing in the driver’s side. I turned the ignition on and started to drive towards the restaurant.

“So how’s work been?” I asked her whilst watching the road. That is usually how you start a conversation isn’t it? Urg... Why am I so nervous?

“It’s been ok, a bit quiet but ok” she said. “How’s your work been lately?”

“Ye it’s been good” I replied. The car suddenly became silent but it wasn’t an awkward silence. I turned right and parked up in front of the restaurant. I climbed out and walked around to the passenger side door. I opened it and offered Amy my hand so then she could climb out. We walked towards the entrance of the restaurant by following the pathway which was lit up with small floor lights.

“Hello welcome to la casa de mama. Do you have a reservation?” The girl, who was stood behind the little podium set up at the front of the restaurant, asked us.