Chapter 6: Anytime...

"Can I have her for a minute?" Montana asked Carrie and Z. At their assent, he took my hand and pulled me away to a relatively quiet corner. Security had cleared the room except for a few people. I'm assuming some of the people were his team.

Once we were away from listening ears, he complimented. "Why are you so hot?"

I blushed. "I can say the same for you. You were amazing up there. I might be biased but you killed it. I am so impressed."

"Not as impressed as I am with this look. I could barely focus with you in front of me." He dimpled. "Damn, I wish I knew you before this weekend so that I could have brought you here with me so I wouldn't have to share you with anyone."

If my heart could smile, but...I took a breath. "You can't say things like that."

He frowned. "Why?"

"Because..." I tugged on his jacket looking down.

"Because you don't think I mean it?" He moved his head so he could see my face clearly. "I know we really don't know each other. But I don't say things that I don't mean. I'm really feeling you and I want to get to know you better. Is that okay with you?"

"It's so okay." I looked at his lips that were so close to mine and back into his eyes. Why am I fighting this?

He shook his head with a smirk. "Hmm...I can't wait until I get you alone tonight."

I flirted with my eyes. "Who says you getting me alone tonight?"

He moved closer to me and lowered his voice. "Jas, don't play. If I said 'let's go' right now, you would."

Although I was barely breathing at this point, I continued. "One night and you think you got me like that?"

Montana displayed one dimple. "I know I got you like that. You want to try me?"

I rolled my eyes not liking that he was telling the truth and folded my arms.

He pulled my arms apart. "But here's the thing, you got me like that, too."

There was silence between us as I digested that he felt like I did and my guard began to drop. Maybe I could see where this could go. What could be the harm to go out on a couple of dates with a handsome, sexy, wealthy ball player? We could just have some fun and I won't let him get close to my heart. Who are you fooling? A voice in my head mocked.

"Who are you here with anyway?" I broke the silence realizing I hadn't seen him with anyone since Thursday night at the Sza concert.

Montana called over my shoulder all of a sudden. "Ted." He then looked at me. "This is actually a work trip for me but tell your friends I do have some of my boys who will be joining us for the concerts. We'll all hang out."

A well dressed, handsome, White man approached us with three ID badges. He gave them to Montana and walked away. "Here are your passes. Once you get in, you will get a band and you won't have to wear these badges. Text me once you arrive, and I will send an escort for you."

I nudged him on his hand that was near mine. "Thanks for everything, Montana."

His grin grew wide. "This is the first time you said my name out loud. I mean thought I would have heard it when I was sexing you last night, but..."

"Montana...shh!" I swatted at him. There were people still near us that could of overheard because he was not whispering.

He laughed out loud. "I see I have my work cut out for me tonight because I like how my name sounds on your lips. Come on, let me get you back to your friends before I take you back to my suite."