Remus and the Story

Remus's hands moved across the paper as fast as lightning, scarpering after every word, his hand slightly smudging the ink from the previous line as it went along.

His scribbled handwriting was hardly legible, but he just needed to get it all out, get the story out of his head.

It was the story of him. The story of how he became what he was.

He knew it was risky writing this in the library, in sight of anyone and everyone, but he knew nobody would come near him or trouble him.

Or so he thought.

"Hey, Remus." A gentle voice said.

He heard the sound of chair legs moving across the floor, and once he had finished his sentence, he looked up to see Freya sitting across from him.

His eyes widened and he scrunched up the paper, throwing it into his satchel.

"Oh... Hey Freya." He stammered, his heart pounding. That was close.

"What were you writing?" She asked, nodding in the direction of his bag.

"Oh just homework."

"It's not for potions is it?" She asked, her eyes widening in panic.

"No, no, it's um... Astrology." He stammered.

"Oh... I didn't know you took astrology." She smiled.

"Yeah." He mumbled, playing with his hands.

Freya noticed how Remus slouched, even when sitting down, like he was embarrassed by his height, trying to make himself smaller, whilst she was quite the opposite, always walking tall, straight-backed, almost walking on her tippy-toes to appear taller.

She pulled a book out of her own satchel and began to read it. She knew his eyes were on her, she could feel them, burning into her, but when she looked up, he looked away shyly, his cheeks burning red.

They could both hear the harsh rain throwing itself against the glass window panes of the library windows. Remus found it therapeutic, he pulled out his own book and took a sip from the flask of coffee he had placed on the table earlier. He liked it strong, giving him energy, something that he always seemed to lack, even when it wasn't the full moon.

"How are you finding Hogwarts so far?" Remus asked, peering up over the frames of his glasses.

"It's okay I guess, better than being homeschooled anyway." She said, her eyes not even leaving her book.

"Well, if you ever need to know anything about Hogwarts, I know all of the secrets." He told her, this time, making her eyes actually leave her book out of curiosity.

"Really? Like what?" She whispered, suddenly interested.

"Follow me." He said, throwing his things in his bag messily and getting up.

Freya neatly packed her book away before standing up and following Remus out of the library.

He held the big wooden door open for her, making her blush a little, the pink glowing from behind her sun-kissed freckles.

They walked in silence, both feeling as though they were doing something they shouldn't be, until they reached the painting of the pear.

Remus smirked at her before leaning in to tickle the pair.

"Remus? What are you-"

She stopped when she noticed the door appear, and he went in, without saying a word.

She looked around, making sure there was nobody watching before she also followed.

Once inside, Freya noticed that they were in a massive kitchen. Her eyes widened at all the different foods, drinks, and all the little elves running around.

"Wow, how do you know about this?" She asked.

Remus tapped his nose in secrecy.

"Hey, Wally." Remus said, shaking hands with a small elf, who smiled up at him.

"Hello, Mr Remus. What can I get for you?" He replied cheerily.

"One coffee and..."

He looked at Freya, silently asking her what she would like.

"I'll have the same please." She said, in awe of what they had discovered.

"That'll be two coffee's please." Remus smiled at the small elf.

They sat down, cross-legged on the floor, and moments later, Wally arrived with a coffee in each hand.

"Who is this, Mr Remus?" Wally asked, nodding in the direction of Freya.

"This is Freya." He smiled, as Wally nodded and walked away.

Freya sipped on her coffee, she was so glad that she had made a new friend here at Hogwarts.