¤ Love thy Nature ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

"Valerie, wake up."

"I'll be up in five minutes," I bit out with my eyes kept closed.

I turned away from the direction of Emma's voice and found a better place on the hospital bed, choosing to hug a pillow and curling myself into a fetal position as I ignored the nagging female in the room.

"You can't lay on the hospital bed forever," Emma hissed.

"You forgot that I own this infirmary, Emma," I groaned, "Leave me alone."

I was sleep deprived.

I always was, but with my schedule set on Killian every night, it had gotten worse; I couldn't find the proper time to sleep anymore.

Yet I did not regret anything.

It's been three days since Killian and I put a start to our hunt for his past, and all the words that ever rolled off of his fluid tongue were questions about our existence, to which I was more than happy to enlighten him with.

I was taking an ample amount of his blood when he had decided to ask me a question, and his eyes held a keen interest within them as he waited for me to answer him.

"How did he become the leader when everyone is aware of his depravity?" Killian questioned, and I glanced up at him before returning my attention back on the needle stuck in his arm.

I didn't even have to question who he was talking about. Anything of depravaty had always been linked to Alpha Azeil.

"He's the alpha of this pack because he fought to earn his title," I simply answered him. "A pack runs solely from hierarchy. The strongest will rule, and the weakest will follow. Alpha Azeil fought for his place, and everyone beneath him will be made to follow his wishes, unless another wolf decides to challenge his title and becomes the Alpha."

Killian didn't say anything after I answered him. In fact, it looked like he pondered over my words for the entire time he was with me.

And a funny thought had slithered its way upon my mind, sending my lips to turn up into a grin. I figured that a big title could fit him beautifully.

Alpha Killian had a great ring to it.

Every night, he learned something about my pack. From our traditions, to their beliefs of the Moon, up to the knowledge of finding a mate.

"Would I be able to find one?" Killian asked me, his eyes sitting heavily on my figure as I continued to write down the speed of his heartbeat.

"I don't know, Killian," I told him nonchalantly.