Chapter 1

Almost a year later 

Almost a year later 

"Lets go, y'all gonna be late" i yelled through the house from the front door.

"Coming La La" she yelled, as she came down the steps. 

"Where's your brother?" i asked, seeing he wasn't already in the car like usual. 

"He was still in his room" 

"Go head get in the car" i said, sitting Kai down on the couch, making my way up the steps. I reached Rell's room, and knocked on the door before twisting the knob, seeing him back in the bed sleep after i had already woken him up a hour ago. "Jarell get up" i said, picking up the pillow off the floor throwing it at him. "You were been supposed to be up and ready, what the hell are you doing" 

"I'm so sleepy Lani, please let me stay home" he begged, squinting his eyes.

"You know what, i just might've let ya lil ass stay home, but since you tried to play me and not get up when i told you to a hour ago, you going" 

"I'm not even dressed, please La" he begged.

"Rell get up now" i said, turning to leave the room. "10 minutes" 

"This has to be child abuse" i heard him complain, as i walked back down the stairs. 

"Hey mommy's girl" i said to Kai as i picked her up as she smiled back like she knew what i was saying. She was almost 11 months now, which means she'd be one in no time. I couldn't even believe I had been a mommy for almost a year now. Of course the pass couple months didn't turn out the way I expected but overall i enjoyed mommy life. 

I opened the car door, putting Kai in her car seat next to Lay who already had some youtube video playing throughout the car. That was her new thing, she watched youtube all day long, i didn't understand why she wanted to watch other kids play with toys but so be it. After buckling Kai in i walked around to the drivers side, getting in. While i sat a waited for Rell to come out, I took this time to revaluate this pass couple months and the many changes that occurred. 

Within a year I had become a mother, to not only one, but three kids, which was definitely a struggle. Although Lay and Rell weren't technically mine, I still treated them just as i did Kai, and they required just as much attention as she did. Lately it had been a struggle making sure Rell was doing what he was supposed to do, and because i don't do too good with discipline i let a lot of stuff go. He was never disrespectful to me, it's just because the age range is so close it didn't feel right having to punish him, and he definitely took advantage of that. 

I looked up seeing Rell running out the house with his jacket half on, and carry his book bag. I started the car "Seat belt boo" i said to Lay, who was super focused on the screen that was on the back of the seat. Lay hadn't been giving me any problems as usual, although lately she'd been starting to get a little jealous of Kai. Nothing too serious, she just sometimes fought for my attention from time to time, which was normal. Once Rell got in the car, I put it in reverse backing out of the driveway.