48 | Connor

	"So I think we may have some people waiting to know how this all went

"So I think we may have some people waiting to know how this all went." I laughed, scrolling through my phone. "Do you think we should go and tell them?"

Sydney looked up from gazing at the rock on her left hand and smiled at me. We had spent the afternoon hanging out and reminiscing about the past, so the evening was certainly going to be reserved for friends.

"I think that if we don't, we probably won't have friends anymore." She laughed, jumping up from off the couch and pulling on her coat, "Let's go."

I grabbed my jacket and keys to the apartment and followed Syd out the door, shaking my head slightly at her. If there was one thing Syd didn't do, it was wait around to dwell on anything that ever happened. It definitely kept me on my toes at all times.

The best thing about my girlfriend--or, rather, my new fiancee--was that she was absolutely someone who made me a better person. She was the only one in the world that I wanted in my life, because she made me want to be better, for her. There was nothing else I wanted more than her happiness, and attempting to give her that happiness made me into the man I wanted to be.

It didn't take long to get to Katie and Mel's apartment, where I saw Dan's car parked outside--meaning that he and Britt were also there.

Sydney knocked on the door and we waited approximately three seconds before it swung open, revealing Katie's excited face on the other side.