25

The next week was rough for me. I rarely slept but when I did I would wake up screaming. Memories and dreams would flood my brain, not letting me sleep. I didn't leave the bedroom for anything. Jason, Madi, Sam, and Chris all tried to bring me food but I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't talk no matter how hard they tried to get me to.

I was sitting in the corner of the room when the door opened but I couldn't see anyone. Footsteps walked towards me and I saw Patrick holding two plates with a sandwich on each.

"Hi Ms. Sydney." he smiled at me. He sat in front of me and held out a plate for me. "Mommy said you haven't eaten. So I made you a sandwich."

I smiled at him and took the plate. I ate slowly with Patrick, who was eating his as well. Sam and Madi came in a little bit later and sat down with us. "Hey, Syd. How are you?" asked Madi.

I sighed. I put my plate down and spoke for the first time in a week. "I'm alright guys. I'm sorry if I scared you guys."

"It's alright, you don't have to apologize. Jason was worried though." Said Sam.

"Do you want to come downstairs? The guys will be happy to see you up and talking," said Madi. I nodded my head and we stood up. Sam carried Patrick downstairs as Madi walked next to me.

When we got downstairs, Chris was the first to see me. He jumped up from the couch and hugged me. "Stai bene?(Are you alright?)" he asked.

I nodded my head. "sto bene( i am fine)"I told him.

Sean came up and hugged me as well before I walked over to Jason. He stayed sitting as I sat next to him. He didn't speak or even look at me. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

He sighed. "You don't have anything to be sorry for. I'm just glad you are okay." he then got up and walked upstairs.

"He's mad at me," I said.

Madi sat down next to me. "I don't think so, he was just worried about you. He tried everything to make you speak and eat. Go talk to him." I nodded and walked upstairs.

I found his office on the second floor and knocked on the door. "Come in," he said.

I walked into the room and stayed by the door. He looked at me but said nothing. "You're mad at me," I said.

He sighed and motioned me to come over to him. I did as I was told and walked to him. I sat in front of him on top of his desk. He stood up in between my legs and put his hands on my thighs. "I'm not mad at you. But you have to tell me, who's Dante?"

I sucked in a breath and looked down. "Please, I- I don't want to talk about it."

He started rubbing my thighs up and down. "Princess I can't help you if you don't let me," he whispered into my ear.

"Please, don't make me talk about it,"I said trying to keep my voice even.

He sighed into my neck. "Fine, I won't ask. But Sydney if it gets worse then you will have to tell me everything, understand?" I nodded my head. "Say it Sydney," he said still rubbing my thighs.

"I understand," I said. He started to kiss my neck and moved up. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back a bit. "Stop."

Jason sighed. "Why? Why do you always try to stop this?" he asked.

"Jason I can't. Please," I said.

He leaned his forehead against mine for a second before kissing my forehead. "Alright." He held me for a few more minutes when the office phone rang. Jason sighed and picked up the phone. "Hello?" he said while keeping his eyes locked on mine. "Yeah, okay. I understand. We will be there. Thank you." he hung up the phone.

"Who was it?" I asked him.

"Someone from the vipers, we've been invited to a peace summit," he told me.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means that we need to go shopping."