Chapter 23

Kyle

Not only was the previous night with Jameson new for me, but so was spending the entire night with him. We hadn't actually shared a bed and slept together yet, and it was nice to know that my double bed was finally put to use for two people and not just for myself. I woke up in the morning feeling overly happy, though the thought that I had to go back to pretending I didn't so much as even know Jameson at school was what lowered my happiness.

We walked to school together, and I'd offered Jameson a spare change of clothes and he went ahead and borrowed a light blue jumper of mine. When we arrived, it was still way too early - earlier than the time I usually arrived anyway - and I ensure that I made the most of my time with him seeing as none of my friends were here yet.

We snuck around to the side of the school where there was no need for students to be and therefore meant it was free of any curious pairs of eyes. I pulled Jameson to me by his waist as soon as we were out of eye sight, planting a few kisses on his plump lips.

"I don't want to hide you anymore." I sighed, pulling back to press my forehead to his, looking him in the eye. Jameson held me around my torso whilst I held my hands securely on his hips.

Jameson smiled, though I could sense it wasn't his usual, full blown, toothy smile which I was used to. "It's okay." He whispered, stroking the side of my face after he'd reached out to comfort me.

"It isn't. You deserve better, baby." I said in just as much of a low audible voice which matched his. The nicknames became a thing after the previous night, and I knew he liked them a lot too. Hell, he was the one who first started it.

My hands had moved to hold either side of his face at this point, my thumbs stroking over the smooth skin on his cheeks. His eyes were wandering at this point, no longer focused on mine as they previously were.

"I get you though, right?" I nodded. "Then I'm okay, we're okay." His eyes had found mine as he spoke those words, calming my unnecessary worries for the time being. Who knew after being a senseless, emotionless jock throughout the entirety of high school would cause me to worry so damn much when it came to my first, real relationship?

I've had relationships before, but none of them were as serious as I am about Jameson, and that's what scares me. Because I constantly fret that I'm not enough for him.

"I really, really like you Jameson." I smiled, once again pressing my lips to his. Jameson smiled against my lips in return, his hands sliding slowly down my chest as we each savoured the sweet, innocent kiss.

"I really, really like you too Kyle." He chuckled, repeating my words with the same amount of passion behind his voice.

Silence fell among us and it felt very needed. I had my fair share of both serious and humorous conversations with Jamie, and although I wished I could joke around and laugh with him until our stomachs ached all day, the serious conversations were what kept my nerves and almost certainly his at bay.

We are still so oblivious to knowing about one another's background and we're both so hesitant to really say what we've experienced in life that we don't really have much to go off except for our obvious feelings for each other. At least, that's how I felt, and I'm beginning to feel desperate to change it.

I want to know my almost-boyfriend to all extents, the bad included. I want to know what the best moments of his life are, and also the moments which felt like absolute hell to him. I want to know his family and what they're like, I want to know everything.

"Do you have practice tonight?" Jameson asked, breaking the momentary silence. I looked down at his head which I was holding to my chest, taking note of his adorable, almost pouty sounding voice as he spoke.