Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil

"You're sick," Draco shouted, "You're sick, you're disgusting, you're perverted-"

"I didn't do this for my own pleasures, that would be vile and illegal. For your information, I do have a wife-"

"How'd you manage that," Harry asked. Draco couldn't keep from giving a nasty laugh and Pumblechook gave him a deathly glare.

"Right, another snarky comment, another joke, just like you two think my class it, but this is so much more than a little game. Have you two ever wondered why I'm here, and not in a courtroom?"

They both sat there with looks of disgust on their faces, but neither had really thought about that, so they sat there in silence.

"Mr. Malfoy, your case was going to determine whether or not I was fired or promoted, and when an eighteen year old boy comes and ruins my opportunity to be Head Lawyer, I must say I might be a little angry," he stared at them solemnly, "So, since I had lost my job, due to you two insolent little brats, I decided to research further, and looked into a job in which I could examine your behaviors." He started pacing. "You two hated each other. I was baffled. How is it that one minute, I hear you two despise each other during school, then Mr. Potter is defending you at a trial determining your fate, and then turn around two weeks later and absolutely hates you?

"I thought it was just a good deed on Mr. Potter's part, but upon your attitude changing and lack of attendance recently, I realized what was going on and sent someone to... do more research."

"Who," Harry's voice was a knife ready to strike.

"That remains conclusive," the professor smirked. "The point is you two ruined a career I had spent decades building for myself. I was top of the line! I was the best there was."

"There mustn't be that many good lawyers if an 18 year old can take down the best one," Draco balled his hand into a fist.

"Draco, stop," Harry said quieter, grabbing his hand and pulling him to sit next to him. They laced their hands together under the desk and Harry could feel Draco's heartbeat though his pulse; his fingers went numb due to the strength. He knew he was keeping Draco from shaking.

"The hell are you talking about, Harry? This man is disgusting, he's a psychopath."

"I know what he is, but I want to hear what he has to say," he looked Draco deep in the eyes, pulling him closer. "Trust me," he whispered.

The anger in his eyes relaxed a bit, just a bit, and Draco finally said, "Okay, I trust you."

"Ahh, young love... isn't it sick," the cruel man almost laughed.

"What do you want from us," Harry asked, trying to keep his voice low.

"I want you to be aware. I want you two to stop disrespecting me- especially Mr. Malfoy here, or else these," he grabbed the photos and Harry and Draco mentally scolded themselves for not taking them, "will be sent to Rita Skeeter."

"They won't be," Harry assured.

"And," Pumblechook continued, "From you Mr. Potter, I want a letter of recommendation to be signed back onto Wigeamont, saying what a fantastic lawyer I am, and that the charge was a fluke."

"I'll write the letter. But I am not, by any means, saying anything about the case," Harry said after a bit of thought. He knew if he even so mentioned Draco and the end result wrong, they would call the jury back, a new trial, and Harry wouldn't be so fortunate to have Draco even sitting next to him.