VIII

"There are so many words that could never convey the tragedy that happened last night.."

Victoria, Derik and the white haired God sat on their high thrones as they address the large room, filled to the brim with people amongst the disaster and not. The white haired man cleared his throat in the silent room.

"I share my respects with the families that have lost not only their home but loved ones amongst the flames. You all are free to flee to other platforms and stay with other relations while the most vulnerable may take shelter under my roof until the apartments are rebuilt, stronger and less sensitive to the dangers that surround us."

"The only danger is the beasts that breath fire for sport you crazy people keep here." Malakei mumbles under his breath from where he stands beside me. Without taking my eyes from the white haired God, I bring my elbow back and drive it into Malakei's stomach. He groans quietly as he massages the spot, glaring at me in the process.

Derik, somehow picking up on the slightest of movement, turns to glare at us. His eyes narrowing slightly when his gaze falls on me but he quickly snaps his head forward amongst the sea of people. Jaw clenched as the white haired God continues with his speech to the people regarding the fire.

I fiddle with the white bandage wrapped around my hand from where I had injured it. The bleeding stopped a while ago because it wasn't that deep. It still hurt but it was healing. I was so engrossed with the bandage, not paying attention to what the God was saying until my ears picked up at the mention of my name. I looked up, unsure as I noticed everyone's eyes were on me in the room and I swallowed nervously before looking to the white haired God, suddenly on his feet as he stares at me.

"It has come to my attention that Trainer Keylin Angelov risked his life in the building.."

The white haired God speaks as he walks forward the small distance that separates us. I couldn't help but stand up straighter, the back of my neck starting to sweat. The God outstretched a hand to me. Eyes overflowing with sincerity and acceptance.

"You saved one of my own. For that, I thank you."

The white haired God smiles at me and I wet my lips nervously as I shake his hand, nodding in understanding. A lightness coming over me and lifting my heart.

"Thank you Keylin." Victoria calls from where she sits on her thrown and I go to respond but suddenly, a girl. Lany in her mother's arms speaks. Taking her thumb from her mouth.

"Thank you Keylin."

A smile makes its way onto my lips at that. Her mother smiles at her daughter before looking at me with sincere watery eyes.

"Thank you."

It wasn't long before others were saying their words of thanks. The room was full of thankfulness, hope and my heart felt lighter.

Malakei and I were escorted by guards to our separate living spaces. I walked into my room that I was assigned where I woke up but have never slept in it. Since then, I have shared with Malakei. Choosing to sleep on the floor rather than the comfy exterior. Malakei didn't mind. It has become a habit for us all this time. Being here felt cold.

"You alright?"

I turn when Malakei's voice brings me out of my mind. He was standing by the door of my room and looking at me curiously before a smirk takes over his face when I slowly sit down on the bed. Running the silk sheets through my fingers.