X

"Its a piece offering." Anya explains about the suddenly sprung feast.

"A gesture of apology for the wrong doing of well, you and Malakei."

I sigh as we walk down the hallway after coming out of the room filled with Gods and Dry Landers. Some were busy getting accustomed to newly acquainted living areas while others were free to roam the city. I was fearful for them at first, thinking they would be harassed but remembered that they were ruthless Dry Landers. Anyone that chose to mess with them were signing their death sentence. They were warned however by my father not to cause trouble in the time they were here.

Malakei bumped my shoulder in assurance and I looked up at him unsure. He smiled down at me.

"It's going to be fine. Dry Landers love food."

"That's not what I'm worried about." I mumble to myself as I run a tired hand through my hair.

Maybe it was a piece offering, why did I keep thinking that they were trying to bribe my father and the other Dry Landers in keeping me here with food?

"Don't be such a-"

Anya suddenly cut herself off and I looked up to see that her eyes were wide and frozen on someone a small distance away. I noticed her gulp and she abruptly leaves without saying a word. I frown at this and turn to Malakei who also had the same confused look on his face. When he looked behind me his face relaxed into recognition. A small smirk playing on his features.

A cough from behind me made me jump slightly as I turned around. When I saw it was Raen looking down at me with an emotionless stare, I gave him a reassuring smile.

Malakei's hands coming down on my shoulders startled me.

"I'll give you two some time to talk."

With that, he leaves us. Disappearing into his own room just down the hallway. I turn around to Raen to see that he had some mixed emotions playing on his features that only seemed to deepen as he looked at me. I let out a tired sigh.

"You're a God."

"I'm not a God." I state calmly and Raen raises his eyebrow at me.

"They said-"

"What they say is not always the truth." I whisper before looking down at the ground, folding my arms over my chest. I feel Raen's hands hook under my chin and slowly raise it up. Before I know it, our lips are meeting in a gentle kiss.

I pull away first and blush. The realisation that someone could be watching us sinks in and for some reason it doesn't sit well. I grab Raen's hand and guide him down the hallway into the room opposite Malakei's. The room that was supposed to be my room.

"It's safe to talk in here-"

Raen is quickly shutting the door and as I turn around, he grabs my side and forcefully pulls me to him. Crashing our lips together and I can't help the small moan that leaves my lips. I feel him smirk into the kiss.

It's no lie that both of us have missed this. The feeling of our touch, our bodies. It was strangely making me excited. We manage to make it to the bed at the other end of the room and I'm being slowly laid down by Raen who makes his way between my legs. His hands begin to wonder over my shirt before he is reaching down and fiddling with the hem.

It's only when he starts to pull up my shirt that I break the kiss and stop his hands.

"N-No." I stutter out in fear, looking up at Raen and I notice his confused and worried look.

"What's wrong?" He questions in confusion as his hands remain on my shirt. I'm determined to not let this go any further.

"Nothing I.." I turn my head to the side as I don't say anything more. It's only when he goes to pull up my shirt again that my eyes fly to his and I push him away.