Chapter 1: Paris's Hero's

"Let me make this promise to you. No matter who wants to harm you, Ladybug and Cat Noir will do everything in our power to keep you safe!"

That's what Ladybug said their first akuma battle. Ladybug and Chat Noir, destined to be hero's of Paris... or so they thought. Times change, like what can happen in the time span of a year and a half. She was right that they would do anything in their power to keep the people of Paris safe, however she didn't say how long. Paris's current status was that the two hero's destined to protect Paris, were against each other. It all started one evening...

The city of Paris lit up at night. All was calm up until word had got out about a recent robbery that took place.

"It appears that occurring to eye witness's in happened unexpectedly, the crook blended in with the night." The news reporter reported on the recent new details of the case.

"Guess you know what that means." Tikki said to Marinette who got word of what happened.

"Right. Tikki, spots on!"

~~~

For a few minutes Ladybug went roof looking for anyone who could have taken the jewels. She spotted someone, on the roof. Only seeing a figure that seemed to be holding a bag, that could hold the said stolen item.

"Stop right there." Ladybug said sternly once getting to the rooftop. They dropped the bag.

"Ladybug." They said. "And where's your partner?"

"He's busy."

"How would you know? You care nothing about him."

"That's not true."

"Oh really now?" They came into the light, revealing themselves. The messy blond hair and green cat-like eyes came into view.

"Chat Noir!?" Ladybug asked. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" He said rather empathetically.

She was speechless confused about the situation.

"All it takes is to take a few things and you finally notice. Remember the theft from last week? Guess who did it..."

"Why?" She sounded hurt.

"Why?" He repeated like her question was stupid. "Because I'm the Miraculous of destruction and plus it's more fun this way. By the way how does it feel to be hurt by someone you thought of dearly?" There was angry in him that he didn't share.

"If this is about..."

"No but that's what fueled it somewhat."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying," He stepped closer to her, getting in her face. "things will be different now Ladybug. You have a new problem to worry about."

"You do realize that we still have to fight Hawk Moth together."

"Oh I know but after that, things will be different."

"What type of different?" She acts knowing well what he meant.

"I don't think 'Chat Noir hero of Paris' is appropriate anymore, more like 'Chat Noir antihero' is better."

"You can't do this."

"Watch me."

"I'll be there to stop you."

"Of course," his playful smirk appeared on his face, "you can't have a hero without a antihero m'lady."

The next half a year the antihero Chat Noir appeared all over for the bad reasons. Ladybug was there to stop him each time. Little did she know that Chat, was in a constant battle with himself. A battle with the heart.