Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I had on a simple black and blue tube dress and curled my hair. I swiped on some eyeliner and a bit of lip gloss before walking out of my room. I don’t understand why people always need to take forever….

I walked over to Kyle’s rom and walked in. he had on a pair of black jeans with a simple black t-shirt. His dirty blond hair was roughed on the top of his head, making his bright green eyes shine, Although he didn’t have a smile on his face. “What's wrong with you?” I asked taking a seat on his bed. “nothing’ he replied to quickly and then forced a smile.

“You suck at lying” I said with a roll of my eyes. “Trust me it’s nothing” he reassured me with a real half smile this time. I shrugged and returned the smile, we walked out of his room and down the stairs where my brother and Zane were waiting for us. “Is it only us four going?” I asked ignoring the presence of Zane. “Yea I didn’t want a big crowd, this way we can all ride together.” He said with a nod.

As we were walking out I couldn’t help but look at Zane, his soft brown hair was messily placed on his head perfectly while his blue eyes were dull and kind of stressed. His stance screamed tension and his clothes looked like he didn’t bother trying. He had on a simple pair of blue jeans and a blue t-shirt. He still looked cute but not full of life and laughter like he always is. It seems like me and Derek are the only two who are actually happy and ready to have a good time. We all piled into Derek’s car. Him and Kyle sat in the front and I got stuck in the small back with Zane.

I could feel his gaze on me but I didn’t want too look. I didn’t want to meet his eye because I was afraid of what I would find. I tried every possible way to avoid looking at him but it was like something was pulling me towards him. I just don’t get it. I gave in and looked into his deep blue eyes which were looking at me with a hard gaze. I wish I could know what he was thinking right now, I still couldn’t bring myself too look away from him though. His eyes were luring me in, we stared into each other’s eyes till the car came to a halt, snapping me away from Zane. I got out of the car quickly and tugged on Kyle’s arm towards the line.

“Save me a dance tonight?” he whispered teasingly in my ear. “You know I will” I whispered back with a smile on my face. I'm sure Zane would be doing his own thing tonight so why should I focus on him?

Zane’s POV

I couldn’t take my eyes off her. the way she was whispering to Kyle made me jealous.  I could hear what they were saying and it was like I would do anything and everything to keep him off of her. my wolf wanted her. I’ convinced it’s just my wolf though. I shook my head trying to clear this daze but I kept feeling the same way. I needed some sort of distraction, that’s the reason I came here. But since she’s here it’s not going to be very effective.

“What's going on with you tonight man?” Derek asked tapping me on the shoulder. “I don’t know, there’s just a million things on my mind and it’s stressing me out right now” I admitted. I wasn’t about to tell him that Marissa was my mate because who knows what would happen. I would probably lose him as a friend ad create drama between him and Marissa.

I never meant to make this anyone else’s problem but I guess it’s affecting the people around me too. especially Marissa.

I tore my eyes away from her and stared at the ground. I felt bad for hurting her, I tried explaining to her but it doesn’t ease my guilt one bit. When we got to the front of the line, Derek talked to the bouncer and he let us in, that’s how it goes. Me and Derek are known around here so they assume who we being is also over 18. I don’t think Marissa is yet.

I know Kyle is but I think Marissa is still 17. As we walked in the music filled my ears and the bass thumped. Time to lose myself. I spotted a girl over at the bar and walked over. She had bleached blond hair and was wearing a short black skirt with a purple tube top. I haven’t seen her face yet but with a body like that she can’t have an ugly face.

I nudged Derek and motioned over towards the bar. A smirk appeared on his face as he spotted the girl along with her friend. “We’ll be over there if you guys need us” Derek said without even looking at them. we then walked over to the girls, they all looked at us with a bright smile on there faces, welcoming and happy. Not mean or stuck up, they were all beautiful but nothing compared to Marissa. 

“H I’m Derek and this is Zane, we spotted you girls sitting alone here and we figured we would come and ask you guys for a dance?” Derek said with a charming smile. “Sure” the blonde’s friend got up and took a hold of Derek, pulling him along to the dance floor.

“How about we get some drinks then go and dance?” the blonde suggested. “Anything with you sounds great” I smiled and took a seat beside her. I could see her smile widen and I knew I already had her. there was nothing left to fight for because this girl would already drink and dance with me all night long. a little too easy but not slut easy. This was the type of girl I used to go for, but now none of them seem to be able to please me. Marissa’s face keeps popping in and out of my mind and the oddest times…. But I will get over it. I made it clear to her that we weren’t going to end up together, now I just needed to convince myself.

Marissa’s POV

Well the two of them were already off, talking up some girls for the night. “let’s go and get a few drinks” Kyle said pulling me towards the bar. I’ve never been a heavy drinker and I’ve never gotten drunk, I’m kind of wondering what it’s like now….

Kyle ordered some drinks for us as we sat down. “Ok I’ll stay sober you can drink whatever you want” he said, I laughed right in his face. “I'm not like the guys, I don’t hate being the sober one. I’ve never actually been drunk so you can go ahead and drink I’ll be good” I said motioning towards the drink.

“Nope, I had no plans on drinking that much anyway” he said with a smile. I could see the tension that was on his face earlier slowly start to slip off and become at ease. “Well then let’s have some fun” I said downing half of my glass right on the spot. “And you’ve never been drunk” Kyle said with a playful smirk.

Just as Kyle took a drink a guy with midnight black hair walked up towards us. he was pretty tall and skinny, overall he wasn’t too bad looking. He had dark eyes and a strong chiselled jaw line. “Is this your boyfriend?” he motioned towards Kyle. “Nope” I popped the end of it and looked back at him.

“Well then do you want to dance?” he said with a big bright smile. I kind of wanted too but I looked over at Kyle unsure, I dragged him here so I don’t want to leave him alone.  “Go ahead” he nodded. “you sure?” he looked over to the right of him where a cute red head was, telling me with his eyes that he would be more than fine.  “Ok then” I said taking the guys hand and letting him lead me to the dance floor.

“So what’s your name beautiful” he asked as we started dancing to the beat of the music. “Marissa” I screamed. “Kane” he replied back, I was already getting into this and now I see why everyone goes out to clubs so often. It’s fun to just dance randomly and let go of all your worries, I mean what can even go wrong here?

Kyle’s POV

I watched as she danced with a smile on her face. As long as she was having fun then I was ok, but for her sake I had to make sure Zane didn’t do anything, or anyone for that matter. If she saw him dance with someone she would look past it, but if she saw him leave with someone I knew she would be affected no matter what she tried to cover it up with.

I already know this girl and tonight, I'm going to make sure it’s the best possible for her. I walked over to the other side of the bar where Zane was sitting, taking some drinks with a cute blonde. I took a seat right beside him as he turned to stare at me, a little confused as to why I was over here while he was with her.

“Hi I'm Kyle” I reached a hand across and shook the blonde’s hand. “Carry” she replied nicely. “So what are you guys doing?” I asked with a smile. I could already see the starting of Zane’s glare but I ignored it. “Eh nothing really just taking a few drinks” she said with a shrug.

“Well how about we make this actually fun, since I can see your already getting bored of Zane” I had the perfect idea, this would be fun and steal Zane’s girl at the same time. “And what would that be?” Carrie said with a teasing smile. “Let’s play some truth or dare, scratch the truth part” I said with a smirk.

“Game on” she replied back. Now Zane was just sitting annoyed in the middle of us. The girl was pretty cute and seemed to be fun, too bad she was mine for the night now.

“Ok I dare you…….