"you're a natural"

9: you're a natural

IS THIS NOT THE PUREST SHIT U HAVE EVER FUCKIN SEEN???? AHHHHH SHIIIKIT

The morning had gone slowly, especially after dealing with getting Sam up and ready to go to school.

I walked into chemistry with my head down, still not in a good morning mood or willing to freely talk to anyone, despite it being almost halfway through the school day. I sat down in my assigned seat and was discouraged to see that Calum wasn't there yet. I slowly got all of my things out of my bag and placed them on the table in front of me.

"You never texted me." I jumped at the sound of Calum's voice, and I heard him laugh as he sat down beside of me. "Not that I was waiting for a text or anything..."

"Sorry, I take my Sunday studying very seriously," I told him, giving him a small smile as I looked over at him. "I'll text you... at some point."

"Oh? You're leaving me waiting?" Calum asked and I smirked as I leaned forward, placing my elbows on the table and bringing my hands up to my chin.

"I'm leaving you wishing," I corrected him and his eyes rolled as he smiled wider. "I doubt you thought about me once."

"Then you are seriously mistaken," Calum told me and I smiled to myself as he pulled a notebook from his book bag. "What are you doing after school?"

"Me? Oh... uh, I don't know. I think Sam—"

"We should grab something to eat," Calum cut me off and spoke softly, never making eye contact with me. "If you want to, of course." I stared at Calum blankly and he slowly looked at me, but only laughed at my reaction. "That's a normal gesture, Maya."

"Nothing with you is normal," I declared and he shrugged his shoulders, not challenging my statement. "Where would we go?"

"Wherever you'd like," Calum told me while writing down the bell work that was on the board. "We could help each other study or something."

"I'll think about it," I finally looked away from Calum and started to do the bell work myself. "Has Michael said anything about Sam?"

"Are you kidding? He hasn't shut up about her," Calum told me, smiling widely as he looked over at me. "But she's not that into him, is she?" Calum's excitement quickly disappeared and I panicked before responding.

"What? Of course she is... she hasn't stopped talking about him." After responding, I tried very hard to keep my cool. I had no idea what Calum would do with the information I had just given him, but I trusted that it would be fine.

"I'm glad to hear that," Calum smiled as he looked down at his paper, "Michael needs that."

"Hey," I jumped as two hands landed on my shoulders, but allowed myself to breathe as I realized it was only Sam. "Sorry, sorry!"