55 | final

"It's..."

"Shitty?"

He turned his head to her, glaring softly at how harsh she was on herself "impeccable" He stepped forward, analysing her work closer.

He noticed every brush stroke, every colour. It reflected the tree that was struck by lightning long ago perfectly.

Sloane felt anxious as he stared at her work so closely. Like any artist, she could see all the imperfections of her work shining through the canvas.

"Babe, it's beautiful"

She pursed her lips, drawing her eyebrows. After a few seconds, she shook her head "No"

Parker rolled his eyes with a smile, leaning down to the girls face so they were eye to eye "Yes"

Sloane took it as the beginning of a competition, so she moved closer "No"

Parker smirked, pushing her back against the bed. She shrieked as a result of the surprise, her wide eyes staring into those of the boy above her "Yes"

She gave him a testing look as he grinned "No"

He leant down to her face, placing a soft kiss at her neck, holding his body over hers "Yes"

Sloane felt her heart melt at his gentle sentiment, but kept a strong front for the sake of the argument "No"

His fingers traced down her sides, brushing back up to her cheeks as he kissed her on her lips, dazed in the sensation of Sloane "Yes"

Her hands wove into his hair, with each kiss luring away her from her own words "No"

Parker, without so much as a thought, allowed his hands to push up the hem of the girl's shirt, as his kisses did their best to hypnotise her into believing that she really was talented "Yes"

Her own fingers worked with his, effectively removing her shirt, allowing his lips to travel further down her neck "No" She mumbled, her breath hitching as he kissed the top of her left breast.

Their argument continued down to her stomach, before she began to remove Parker's shirt.

Meanwhile, as the two became lost in each other, Vincent grew impatient, waiting for them to meet him at the apartment he shared with his best friends.

The Newfield Lake party was two hours away, so the group wanted to leave reasonably early so they could find one of the better places to park.

But Parker and Sloane were already two minutes late.

Two minutes Vincent wasn't with Andy.

Vince headed straight to Sloane's place, where he knew Parker had stayed the night, opening the surprisingly unlocked door.

He trudged upstairs to Sloane's room, not even knocking before he entered with attitude "Are you guys fucking re- NO YOU'RE JUST FUCKING, I'M SO SORRY"

He shielded his eyes from the sight of his two friends on the girl's bed, luckily, only half undressed. Sloane hadn't even made a noise before she pulled on Parker's shirt to cover herself, while Parker was cursing at the top of his lungs.

"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK!" Parker shouted at his best friend.

"YOU WERE LATE, DON'T 'WHAT THE FUCK' ME!"

"DOESN'T MEAN YOU JUST WALK IN!"

"WELL SORRY I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE IN THAT SITUATION!"

"Vincent?" Sloane's soft voice interrupted as she moved over to the two boys arguing, standing by Parker's side.

"Yes?" Vincent answered the girl, his voice back to its original octave.

She smiled to him, lacing her fingers with Parker's "Would you please be able to leave for just a minute? We need to get ready"

"Why can't you be more like her, hmm? She's nice" Vincent teased Parker, who stared at him unimpressed.

"Don't make me break something of yours"

Vincent's eyes widened at Parker's calm sounding threat "Alright I'll be down stairs"

Once the boy had left, there was unspoken words lingering in the air.

Parker rubbed the back of his neck "So...uh..."

"Let's talk about it when we haven't got people waiting for us, okay?" She leant up to him "Get ready. I love it when you're shirtless, but you do have to wear something"

So time went by, and before they all knew it, they had met Clara and Mark by the lakeside, letting the world spin as they laughed to the beat if their own hearts.

It seemed so easy in this place that the light would dim, leading the moon by hand as more people arrived. All seven of them allowed themselves to live in the cold air, feel the electricity of the music sink into their skin.

Sloane danced with Clara, spinning one another around with echoing laughs. Andy took pictures of each moment, recording those heartbeats. Parker spoke with the room-mates he'd grown so close with, occasionally casting his eye to the girl he loved.

"When are you gonna tell her?" Mark asked, gulping down some of his drink.

A small smile tipped Parker's lips as Sloane met his stare, winking. She was such an anomaly to his heart.

Parker rubbed his hands together, turning to Mark "Tonight"

Vincent grinned proudly at his best friend, the change he had seen, from the moment Sloane's number was incorrectly pressed into his phone, one of good.

Bea listened to the cold whistling in the wind, half aware of the world around her as the watched the bonfire flickering at the night sky. In the quiet moment, however, she was not sad. She was content. Though she had her love betrayed, hurt, she also had love within her friends. 

And watching as Sloane sat by the bonfire in Parker's embrace, she found herself smile, knowing that her best friend had love too.

It was quarter to twelve when they all began roasting marshmallows, telling stories of anything that would bring crinkles to the sides of their eyes. Sloane told stories of her brother leading her down mischievous roads when she was young. Parker had known that person in Sam, and in himself to his little sister.

His arm was around the girl, as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Parker and Sloane soon found themselves alone in the moment, laced in one another.

"I love you" Parker whispered, kissing the side of Sloane's forehead.

The girl's heartrate accelerated at his three words.

Three words, the first time they spoke, she'd have never thought would leave his lips.

Yet here they were, by friends, by the fire, with his heart so close to hers.

So, Sloane whispered back, one word more.

"I love you too"