Chapter eight

"I am not crazy or unstable, I was abused. I am a survivor"- Domestic Violence Survivor 

Hurt

Broken

Forgotten

Damaged

Trying to breathe seemed impossible and moving seemed like a huge quest.

My eyes dart to the metal that was pointed right at me.

"Don't take another step." That horrible creature spoke.

My heart was beating out of my chest and my eyes were glued to the gun.

As he took a step forward I squeezed my eyes shut.

This was it, today was the day I am officially going to die...

I said my prayers in my head and tried to think of a way to get out of this mess.

"You will never be able to leave, you are to never leave this house again if you do it only takes a click sweetheart." He says before making his final move.

And then it happened...

I ran away, I didn't look back I just ran.

My heart was pounding, fear clouded me and I didn't even know where I was going.

I heard yelling and I knew it was my father but this time I didn't look back, I ran with my backpack and myself.

I was gone for real now and I am never coming back...

Once I was sure I had lost my father, I curled up in the city's alleyway to catch my breath.

Looking around I saw Mia's apartment building and then him.

My breath caught once I saw Ryder walking into a very fancy penthouse with another woman.

Shaking my head I quickly ran over to Mia's apartment, running a hand through my hair I stepped in the elevator nervously.

I hastily rang the doorbell and waited, the wait seemed endless and I wouldn't feel safe until I was inside.

"Oh my God, Addison come in." Mia gestures me inside before shutting the door and taking a seat next to me.

"What happened?" she gasps once she sees that huge scar on my arm.

I quickly cover it with my arm before just crying.

"Aw, its ok sorry I didn't mean to offend you." I just cried in Mia's arms, I was definitely broken now.

Shaking my head I finally replied "Mia-I, I ran away I-I was about to get shot." I stumble, the thought of dying was too scary to replay in my mind.

Mia face went from sympathetic to angry and heartbroken, a flash of fear clouded her eyes before she spoke again.

"Oh my- Addison I am so sorry." She says her voice slowly breaking.

I look her in the eyes for a second before just turning away sadly.

"Thanks for sticking by me this whole time I don't know what I would do without you." I say during our tight hug.

"It's ok, you are great person Addison you just need to leave and forget about the past and focus on the now and the future just forget." She says before taking a deep breath.

I nod my head before lowering it, Mia was right I need to move on but one thing was stopping me from doing so...

"I would love to forget everything that happened but I can't, I found this the minute I got home." I say shakily before handing her Jacob's letter.