Who We Are

Ella

"Vicky, this is Eric

"Vicky, this is Eric." Steve said as the man next to me was driving us out of here. "Your real name is Ella." The man or Eric pointed out to me. "I've been trying to look for you brother with the Amity, but they've been over run and he likely ran off before they could catch him." Eric explained as he drives through the dark and I nodded.

"Do you remember anything when you were in Dauntless?" He questioned, I tried to remember, but I shook my head.

"I'm so glad you're alive." He said grabbing my hand, but I uncomfortably moved my hand away, he looked a bit hurt, but I did not know him well enough. "I've seen you in my dreams." I spoke up and he glanced at me. "Only a few glances." I added looking ahead of me. "Where are we going?" I questioned looking back at Steve. "We're going with the Faction-less, they helped with your escape." Steve answered and I nodded looking ahead of me again. "We're going to dump this truck and walk the rest of the way there." Eric informed us.

"Oh no, shit." Eric cursed, the truck abruptly stops and I looked ahead to see big piece of concrete blocking the bottom of the bridge. "The whole thing is blocked. How are we going to get there in time?" Steve questions, I quickly get out the truck and hear them call for me. I stand in front of the truck with the lights pointing at me and concrete, I pick up both my hands close to my breasts and hover one hand over my other hands palm, and feel a red orb appear between both.

I take in a deep breath moving both hands the opposite way, then I see red spectrum surround the concrete and I moved my hand over up and the other down slowly. The concrete starts to lift up and I start slightly moving my bottom hand to the side making the concrete follow my hand, I feel a pinch on the side of my head, but I ignored it. Finally, the concrete is moved to the side and I fall to my knees feeling drained, someone comes to my side holding me and I looked to see it was, Eric.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly, I took in a deep breath and nodded.

"My head." I pointed out taking another deep breath, then exhaled. "It hurts." I finished, he picked me up like a bride and took me back to the truck. "Just rest for now." He said as he set me down on the seat and I lean my head back. "How long till we get there?" Steve asked Eric as he started driving again. "A few more minutes." He answered him. "You feeling alright, Ella?" Eric asked me worriedly and I nodded.

After a few more minutes of silence, Eric stopped the truck and turned it off. "We'll walk the rest of the way." Eric said getting out the truck, I opened my door and Steve stands next to me. "Do you feel dizzy?" Steve asked me worriedly and I turned to look at him. "A little." I answered, he put my arm around his shoulder and wrapped his arm around my waist. We followed behind Eric as he leads us to the safe place and I anticipated that I would finally feel like I can belong some place.

"You're back

"You're back." A man pointed out to Eric as they lead us throughout this place. "Yes, rescue mission." Eric said to the man and I feel eyes on me. "Why are they staring at me?" I asked Steve confused grabbing his hand nervously and he squeezed my hand. "It's just they know who you are." He answered as we walked. "I hate it." I said as we walked up some stairs, trailing behind Eric. "What? The stares?" Steve questioned and I shook my head.

"That they know me and I have no clue who I am, because everything I was told was a lie." I explained letting go of his hand as we got inside a dining room to see a woman's back pointed at us. "Who is she?" I whispered to Eric as I stood next to him nervous. "She's the leader." He whispered-answered and the woman turns around, her mouth slightly gasped open seeing me and she slowly walks towards me. "Bella." She said standing in front of me and putting her hands on her mouth tearing up.

"You've grown so much." She whispered and I glanced at Steve who gave me a reassuring nod.

"She lost all of her memories, they got drained into a program for a special project." Steve begins to explain to her and she looked at him dropping her hands. "Ella, is the Red Orb project, since emotions were her weakness, they completely wiped her memory, so just clarifying." Steve explains to her as she glanced at me. "Is there a place I can rest? My head hurts." I said to her and she nodded. "Yes, you can share with Steve or Eric." She said walking away to her chair and I looked at Steve. "Do you mind if I share with you?" I asked him since he was the only person I really knew.

"Yeah, I'll go take you." Steve answered, we both got out the dining room and I glanced at him.

"You okay? You sure you don't want to stay with your boyfriend?" He questioned as we walked down some stairs and I took in a breath. "I don't even know his last name, I don't know him." I answered unsure of Eric and Steve chuckled. "What?" I asked him and he looked at me smiling, so I smiled back. "It's just from what I heard, you two were very close." He answered opening the door for me, I thanked him and followed. "You can tell he really cares about you. Everyday he would come give Jeanine updates, but came to me update about you." He added and I exhaled as we walked.

"Steve, if Eric and I are meant to be, then I'll get the feelings back." I informed him as started going towards a building.

Eric

"How's she sleeping?" I asked Steve as I was cleaning out the guns and he sat down on the chair next to me. "She's fine, moves around quite a bit." He answered yawning, a memory of her popped into my head and I could not help, but chuckle. "What?" Steve questioned stretching his arms up. "Uh, it's just. When she moves around a lot I usually hold her, and she calms down." I answered setting the rag down on the table and start putting the gun back together.

"You know, it'll take time for her to get to trust you again." Steve pointed out and I nodded. "I should've fought harder for her, I should've-" Steve cuts me off. "Hey, don't blame yourself. You didn't hurt her, Jeanine did." He corrected me. I set the parts of the gun down and crossed my arms, then leaned them on the table.

"Look, if it's any consolation, I kept the drawings she made of you." He added and I looked up at him.

He placed a brown folder in front of me and I picked it up from the table to undo the string that held it together.

But, right as I took off the string, a scream echoes through the place and the ground begins to tremble.