10.1

" Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed...and eats at our table. "

W.H. AUDEN

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

10.1 ; WHAT FRESH HELL?

CAROLINE'S HEELS CLICKED LOUDLY against the floor as she approached Gideon's office. JJ had sent her to gather the older profiler before she presented their next case and she could tell by the look on the press liaison's face that it wasn't a good one.

Then again, what case was ever a good one?

As she entered Gideon's office, she paused in the doorway when she saw Garcia standing in front of his desk, bubbly and bright as ever. She raised an eyebrow as she listened in from the doorway.

"Is that your family?" Garcia asked him politely, gesturing to the rows and rows of photos setting on a table five feet away from his desk.

"Yeah," Gideon replied, "Sort of."

A small smile spread across Caroline's lips. All of those photos collected in his office were the photos of the victims the team saved. In a way, to Gideon, they were his family.

"Nice," Garcia commented before flashing a bubbly smile at Gideon. "Thanks again for the flowers!"

With that, the tech analyst brushed by Caroline with a quick hello as she returned to her tech cave. She watched Penelope bounce out of the bullpen with pure joy and she shook her head, her mind boggled with questions.

She would have never thought she would see Garcia speaking to Gideon, especially not after a recent case of theirs. By nature, Gideon was an intense person and he didn't really do well with people and respecting their space. While the team had flown to the case, Garcia had been stuck by herself with Gideon for three days, which Caroline could only imagine how those days went.

When they returned, Garcia had ranted to her for hours about how disrespectful Gideon was—he left trash in her tech cave, rearranged all her neatly organized toys and got food on some of her many colorful keyboards. Caroline then spent another two hours helping her fix her office back to normal when, afterwards, Garcia swore she would never speak to Gideon again.

But it seems like something had changed since then.

"What the hell does BTW mean?" Gideon asked her when he saw Caroline standing in the doorway.