Chapter 20: Secrets

'"The accident. . . ?" Jennifer nodded.

"Well, it was my first game. Got hit in the head with a Bludger, I fell off my broom, and I don't remember anything else. Apparently, I woke up a week later." I shrugged, wincing at the dent in the Beater's bat.

"What little shit would want you to fall off of your broom?" Jennifer asked.

"No! It was an accident, at least I think."

"Is that why they're all so protective over you, especially Padfoot?" She grinned at me, as I shrugged again.

"They're protective over me? They really are?" Another nod.

"It's obvious they care about you a lot, and I would too. You're a good person, Lia. Everyone must know that. Especially Sirius," She smirked.

"What do you mean 'especially Sirius'?"

"You really are clueless. . . But at least I don't have feelings for a player but a were-"

"I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS FOR SIRIUS!" She burst into a fit of laughter, holding onto the bench as I punched her shoulder.

"Shut up! We're friends, that's all we'll ever be."

"Yeah, okay. But I never said who the player was."

"Oh my god, why can't anyone believe me?! It's not my fault I can't stop anything that happens in the-" I stopped myself.

Silence.

"Olivia," I turned to Jennifer. "Can I tell you something? I just feel like I can trust you with this,"

"What is it?"

"Um. . . Have you ever been in. . . love? I mean, like real love. Not like some crush that's for children, but actual. . . love." She shook her head.

"No. Wait. . . You're scaring me."

She laughed slightly. "I'm scaring me, too. I think I'm in love-"

"That's wonderful! But with who? Oh, don't tell me it's-"

"Remus."

Another silence.

"I fudging knew it. I knew it. That's why he was so tense when you guys first met again. I knew this was going to happen. . ." And for once it wasn't because of a dream.

"But please don't tell him! I don't think I'm ready," I nodded in understanding.

I sighed, bringing my knees to my chest, and resting my chin on my knee.

"Come on, I'm hungry."

"Good. Let's go before he starts naming apples again. . ."

I looked up. "Wait, what?"

*****
"Hey, Alex!" I ran to the boy I haven't really seen in a while, who was now my cousin.

He was sitting outside on the grounds, a book in his hands like always, and he was with someone.

That someone was New Girl. I didn't really know what I had against her, but I was still pretty upset with her about what happened last year.

"Hey, New Girl! How have you been?" She genuinely smiled, and even I winced at my odd kindness.

"Good. And, it's Katie, by the way. Katie Fields."

"Katie. . . Cool. Alex, can I talk to you for a minute?" He rolled his eyes, apologizing to New G- Katie, before he walked into a corridor with me.

He turned to me. "What is it this time?"

"This time? What were the other times?"

"You know what I mean. . . And at least try to be nice."

I smirked slightly. "Yeah, I do. Et porquoi t'en soucies-tu si je suis gentil?"

"Oh, lord. Not the French-"

"Come on! You have to answer!" I laughed.

"Fine. Je me soucie parce que. . . Je pourrais l'aimer." Right when he said that I gasped.

"You might like her. . . Oh my god, she's your crush! You like New Girl!" He covered my mouth, before I locked his hand.

He retreated his hand to his chest. "Don't lick me!"

"I already did."

"You're a horrible cousin sometimes."

I scoffed, turning around and beginning to walk. "I'm not!"

"You really aren't!"

"I know!"

I decided to go to the common room, well, because I was bored and Sev and Reg were probably sulking somewhere.

I was greeted by sounds of laughter, seeing the boys, Lily, and Jennifer on the common room couch. Sirius spoke first.

"Hey, Gorgeous! Where have you been?" I plopped down between him and Remus.

"I was with Alex, just wanted to say hello." They nodded, murmuring little 'oh's'.

"I was meaning to tell you-"

"GUESS WHAT?!" Alice, Frank, Marlene, Roslin, and Sean burst through the door. All of them were panting and laughing.

"What?"

"Well- actually, wait." Frank put his hands on his knee's, panting heavily.

"We just found out that-" Sean interupted himself with his own coughs, holding onto Roslin for support.

"Oh, for Merlin's sakes! Slughorn's hosting his annual Christmas party!" Alice said, smiling.

Silence.

"Oh, merde."

_______________________

For all of you that are wondering, 'oh, merde' means 'oh, shit'. . .