Chapter Two!

---I'm so sorry it took me so long to update! ='( but please read and enjoy!---SNE

I had fallen asleep as soon as the plane took off. I kept reliving Christmas night, seeing the ninja’s interrupt the party and eventually take me to Ra’s. The smirk he gave me as he said how he’d be watching me was rather unsettling. Ra’s al Ghul only paid any attention to those who were a potential threat or ally. And seeing as his main goal was to rid the Earth of everyone, it couldn’t be any good for me. But how was I a threat to him? I could barely remember what happened in the last three hours nowadays. My dreams eventually disappeared and I opened my eyes to see Edward sitting next to me, smiling down at my confused face.

“What?” I yawned.

“Nothing.” He shrugged as the hostess walked in. I must not have been out for too long because the light for the seatbelts just turned off.

“How long-“

“Fifteen minutes.” Edward chuckled. “How you managed to completely loose consciousness for that short amount of time puzzles me.”

“So you don’t understand it?’ I teased, smiling to myself.

“No.” He smiled right back. “Of course I understand that it’s possible.”

“Then why are you puzzled?” I sat closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and continued.

“Because, something isn’t right.” He mumbled. I looked up at his face to see concern flooding his eyes. “Not right at all.”

“Call Echo and Query.” I sighed, smiling. “They’re going to take care of the lair and everything else. Don’t worry, we’re all going to have fun I promise.” He still wasn’t smiling so I sat up straight and looked into his distant eyes. “Edward Nigma.” Now I had his undivided attention. “Everything is fine. You need to stop worrying about everything.”

“You don’t understand.” He spoke softly, taking my hands in his. “You understand a good many things, not that I’ll ever say that aloud ever again, but this thing… you just can’t comprehend.” He spoke with the tiniest layer of fear hidden in his voice. His blue eyes pleaded with me not to push him for any other explanation so I let the subject die.

“Can I get anything for you?” The attendant asked in her perky voice.

“Sprite please.” I smiled while Eddie told her he was fine. I hit a button on my chair by accident, causing it to face the middle of the cabin. “Oh my gosh they have buttons!” I chirped happily.

“Be careful Luna, it looks like Edward’s drugged Kat.” John teased. I raised an eyebrow at him and heard Edward chuckle.

“No I haven’t been drugged; thanks to your generous donation of toxin in my blood.” I smirked and he just rolled his eyes. John still felt bad about making me OD on his toxin and I knew that, but lately we’ve been able to joke about it a lot more. Luna started smirking, but it quickly vanished… that’s not odd…

“I guess that she’s fine, she’s still breathing sarcasm.” John rolled his eyes and I stuck out my tongue. “How mature.”

“Yes Jonathan, because you surely are the most mature being here correct?” Edward snorted. “Dressing up in bags to scare innocent people.”

"And going to ridiculous lengths trying to prove you're smarter than everyone else is mature?" Luna raised her eyebrow and I sat back, smirking to myself; this shall be an interesting flight.

“No length is ridiculous when describing one’s intellect.” Edward frowned slightly. “But I wouldn’t expect you to be able to understand that.”