Chapter 11

"How are you feeling, Naruto?" Kakashi asked, sliding into the chair that Sasuke was occupying before. The raven had gone to get something for Naruto to eat when the gray-haired jonin showed up to visit. "I'm fine!" Naruto said cheerfully, grinning at her teacher.
"You don't have to behave like that in front of me, Naruto. You're safe now." Kakashi said, rubbing the blond locks. Naruto sighed and looked down at her fingers. "Am I really?" Naruto said, it wasn't a question for Kakashi as it was a statement. Both of them knew that she would never be safe no matter what happens. "Even if you aren't, we are here to protect you."
"Well, time will be the judge of that." Naruto said and Kakashi knew that there were words left unspoken by the blond. She did have many things to hide, yes, but everyone did. However, her secrets may cost her her life while others have secrets that would only cost embarrassment for a short period of time. She never intended for her comrades to think that she was purposefully hiding her gender, but they never gave her a chance to explain. They shunned her, they were all mad at her. They never treated her like a proper friend but now they probably will never treat her like a person ever again.
Kit, please, don't be like this. Kurama said to the blond through their mental link. Naruto did not reply the fox, she only sighed again and continued staring at her fingers. She was tired of all this facade and running. "Sasuke shouldn't have saved me." Naruto muttered and Kakashi's gaze hardened. He hadn't known Naruto's mental state was this bad, however, pulling her off active duty will further depress the blond. "Hey, those who break the rules are scum. But those who abandon their friends are worse than scums." Kakashi reminded Naruto, messing up her hair even more. Naruto gave him a small genuine smile, "thanks sensei... thank you for sticking around."
"What are friends for?" Kakashi said, smiling at Naruto. "I am sure Sasuke is genuine about his love for you, Naruto." She looked at the gray-haired man before looking out the window.
"You don't understand Sensei." Naruto muttered. Kakashi frowned at Naruto. "Tell me and I will try to understand." Kakashi said, wanting Naruto to open up a little more. The blond always had to bottle up her thoughts and emotions, a lot of things that comes out from her mouth and the way she behaves are all carefully thought out and planned. Naruto looked at Kakashi, tears welling in her eyes. "Don't you see? He can't be with me. I will ruin his reputation and his clan name. He shouldn't be with a demon! Even if he doesn't care, I can't reproduce for him! He expected to have a clan heir, and I can't! I can't carry any children! Even if I can, those children would be shunned as demon spawns because they are my children!" Naruto bawled. Kakashi had stood up, about to comfort the blond when Sasuke rushed in. He handed Kakashi the food containers wordlessly and went to embrace the blond.
"Shhh. It's okay." Sasuke muttered, rubbing Naruto's back. Naruto tried to pull away but Sasuke held onto her firmly. She sobbed into his chest, hands clutching onto his shirt. Sasuke held her wordlessly as he rocked them slowly. Kakashi put the containers on the table and patted Sasuke's shoulder, a silent sign that he will leave the two alone. Sasuke nodded his thanks at their sensei - for keeping Naruto company. Naruto sniffled, rubbing her eyes as her crying stopped subsequently.
"You heard everything?" Naruto asked softly, looking at Sasuke with big blue eyes. Sasuke nodded and Naruto tried to pull away again. "Why? I'm-"
"You are not a demon, Naruto. You never will be." Sasuke said, looking at her straight in the eye. Naruto sniffled, her lips forming a cute pout unknowingly. I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her. No. No. Control. Breathe. Sasuke thought as he stared at Naruto's lips. "But-"
"I still love you Naruto, I always did and forever will. We may quarrel sometimes but we always work things out in the end. I love you." Sasuke whispered, kissing Naruto's fingers with each 'I love you' he says. "It hurt my heart when you got hurt. That first C-ranked mission we went on when you almost died, jumping in front of me to protect me from Haku. I love you a lot, Naruto. I always wanted to tell you that but I was a coward. I was afraid that this will break our bond. I was content at first with loving you from a distance but then as I grew older... I wanted to be by your side, I wanted to grow old with you, I wanted you to know that I love you. I care for you, Naruto. I care a lot." Sasuke confessed. Naruto looked at him with an unreadable expression. She looked out the window at the village getting ready for the festival celebrating the defeat of the Kyuubi and the heroic acts of their fallen ninjas during the Kyuubi attack. "I really want you to be my girlfriend, Naruto. I want to marry you."
"Sasuke, I... I don't know. I know that I feel the same for you but I don't think that it is a good idea. Your family wouldn't approve." Naruto muttered, bringing Sasuke's hand to her lips. Sasuke was about to burst with happiness when she said that she feels the same way and she KNOWS it, not think.  "Naruto, Naru, please, look at the food I just bought here. My mother prepared them, she knows." Naruto jerked her head up to look at the food on the table. There were so many dishes. "The whole family knows," Sasuke said. "Curse my damn mouth that accidentally spilled it before I could tell you." Sasuke mumbled, making Naruto laugh a little. She flicked his nose, "Who would have guessed an Uchiha can't keep his mouth shut." Sasuke smiled at her. He wants to kiss her so bad. Sasuke gathered what little courage he had and leaned in, kissing Naruto softly on the lips. She didn't push him away... Sasuke decided to let the kiss linger a little longer before he backed away. Naruto subconsciously licked her lips, enjoying the feeling of being kissed. Sasuke noticed it, causing the smallest of smiles to tug on his lips. What is this feeling? It's so nice and warm.